Cloister of Trials: Amalia vs Edrei
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
"What the-"

No sooner does the door open than heat breaks into the Shield's awareness, a dangerous burst of untamed flame blooming across the narrow space. Amalia's anxiety has not quelled by the time she enters the room; indeed, she feels as though she might vomit, or vanish, or vibrate down through the floor.

It is this anxiety which saves her, though, the tension in her body and readiness to spring leading her to react quickly to the unexpected wall of fire. With a cry of alarm the girl shrinks down, her body taking on owl form as she ducks behind her silver shield, hiding from the sudden onslaught of flame, confusion and alarm running rampant among her nervous thoughts. What is happening, and how, and why, and what is she supposed to do?

Not a fighter by any stretch, the baker is woefully out of her depth as she peeks back over the now-singed shield. The sight that meets her is more frightening than fire: Edrei, black hair wild and eyes like a nightmare, the memories of dances with death and fire and white lights flooding her mind. Anxiety is rising to panic, now, a terrified beat in her hollow chest. The last time she faced down the new-crowned queen the Shield of Safrin had, for a brief time, died.

What will happen now, today, when Edrei is in fact trying to harm?

Wings extend out into arms, fingers blooming from primary feathers as Amalia takes a human form, reaching down to grasp her staff. Fear is written on her face, but determination also, her eyes like coals. Amalia takes a step forward, and another, her body continuing to change, leopard fur like armor wrapping tight around her skin. Raising her staff as she nears the mage, the baker sweeps low and fast, hoping to catch her by surprise, to send her sprawling - or at least catch her off guard. The goal is not to maim or wound, but incapacitate, and if that fails, survive. All Amalia wants in this moment is to make it out of the Pit alive.
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cloister of Trials: Amalia vs Edrei - by Amalia - 08-05-2019, 04:45 PM