Blights and X-Rays and Things, Oh, my!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe grinned at him as she straightened. "Good thing you're Prince Consort then. You've a price only royalty can afford." she teased. "Pretty soon you'll be dripping in silks and diamonds no doubt, too fancy for your lowly midwife friends." she sighed dramatically, a teasing grin on her face. The thought of him throwing her in prison over a curtsey made her laugh though. Of course Remi would be adverse to formalities. "Alright then, I'll start working on my bow."

But he seemed to clam up as soon as she mentioned the blight, and she wasn't terribly sure why. She hadn't heard about Ronin yet, though she had seen Amalia's note about Safrin. It did add an extra bit of weight to the issue, knowing that Safrin was Ronin and Remi's deity of choice. She waited patiently for him to collect whatever he needed, glancing over at Pim...who had managed to make himself bleed scratching his horns against the wall. "Oh Pim, really?" she sighed, hurrying over to him. She had long since stopped worrying that he was hurting himself when this happened, as it was simply part of his horns growing in - rather like male deer when they shed their velvet. But that didn't mean she wanted him bleeding all over the guildhall.

"Yes, they asked me to research it using the microlens you made me...but it has been slow going." she said, her voice hardening with frustration. She pulled a rag out of Pim's pack and cleaned off the wall, then applied a little ointment to his horns to soothe the itch and prevent infection. "I've had some success with a sulfur treatment slowing the progression of the blight in plants, but that's not much to write home about. I think I've figured out how it is affecting the cells but as far as what it is exactly?" she sighed and shook her head, carefully putting the cleaning rag back in Pim's pack. "Frey said the blight began at a tree called the Mathair. I've been trying to find it to study the plants and animals there...and maybe track down the root cause of all this."
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blights and X-Rays and Things, Oh, my! - by Phoebe - 08-04-2019, 03:47 PM