Blights and X-Rays and Things, Oh, my!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
"Feelings aren't about fair or unfair they simply are." she said, giving advice she thought Frey might give her in such a situation. "They are still valid, still important, but that doesn't mean you need to act on them either. Just recognize they exist." Sometimes, that was all they could do. There was not solving for them, no good answer to every problem, and they couldn't hold themselves accountable for every problem they encountered - the lesson Frey was constantly trying to beat into her head. It was easier said than done, but the advice was sound all the same.

Phoebe tilted her head to the side, considering quietly as Remi listed his ailments. "I've seen in cells that they seem to replicate themselves, occasionally making exact duplicates of themselves to grow in number. In the plant cells, with the blight, I haven't seen any do his successfully - if they manage it at all they always have blighted bits in them and eventually stop all together. The blight appears to interfere with the part of the cell that creates energy. So...my thought so far is that without energy, the cells can't duplicate, which is ultimately what causes the whole plant to die." she said, talking through her process. Neither she nor Remi were scientifically trained, but they weren't stupid either. If anything seemed illogical, he could point it out she thought. "So...if the same is true in human cells...then I would think that would present as tiredness. If the cells can't behave like they are supposed to, I would think all of those things possible side effects...and with your sight changed, perhaps you are actually seeing that process as the darkness? The blight itself is sort of black and inky." she explained.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blights and X-Rays and Things, Oh, my! - by Phoebe - 08-04-2019, 05:01 PM