I don't want a whole lotta might-have-beens
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Remi continued to ask, to needle, to accuse; Sam began to find it hard to keep the anger off his face. It was bubbling up in his chest, pushing into his throat, wanted to punch out of his mouth in a flurry of words.

Why are you doing this?!
I finally belong somewhere.
Stop ruining it.
Stop making me doubt.

But this was Remi. His heart was still tied irrevocably to the Alchemist's, and that connection made him swallow his rage, respond cool and calm. "I did not go with anyone else. I know Wessex was in the woods, but I'm not sure why. You think just because we're Ascended it had to be us?"

His hurt was pulled down into a swirling mess of despair and confusion when Remi told him Ronin was dying. He was caught between the anger he still felt towards the accusations and immediate need to comfort his friend, a hand going out and stopping awkwardly between them.

"I...I'm..I...that's awful, Remi, but..I...I didn't have anything to do with it. Please believe me. If you come in, we can talk about if we can find a way to help Ronin."

SAMUEL
How could a night so frozen
Be so scalding hot?
How can a morning this mild
Be so raw?

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want a whole lotta might-have-beens - by Samuel - 08-04-2019, 10:07 PM