I don't want a whole lotta might-have-beens
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

There was a beat of silence, almost painful now after the yelling had become the tone of the conversation. If Sam still had breath, he would have held it, unsure what was about to come. Remi leaving? The claws of a beast tearing through his door?

But to his surprise, there was instead an apology; something he very rarely had received earlier in life. He was used to arguments (or in the past, more accurately, being yelled at) ending in a cold silence and resentment.

Slowly, he opened the door and for a moment just stood, looked at Remi with his eyes watering and his lips shaking - then he surged forward, hugged him hard, arms wrapped around his shoulders. Eyes closed tight he whispered: "Remi, I promise you. If I knew I had helped to do something that was doing this to Ronin..I would stop it. I would tell you."

With that said he pulled back and sighed, shaky and deep. "Come in, and we can talk...calmly about this, right? I can make you some tea. It might help you to...to sit down, for a moment. Breathe."

SAMUEL
How could a night so frozen
Be so scalding hot?
How can a morning this mild
Be so raw?

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want a whole lotta might-have-beens - by Samuel - 08-05-2019, 07:34 PM