I don't want a whole lotta might-have-beens
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"...Oh." Sam said, frowning. He was unsure how to feel about the death of Safrin. He had never met the other Gods, and she could well be the one that had hurt him at the shrine. His Goddess would likely be happy at the news. But...Sam knew she was important to many people. She had brought Ronin back, after all. She was a support for many. Could he really celebrate her death?

But that was not the main concern here. Remi was sad, no, despairing, and he had no idea what to do. When he heard the sobbed and quiet words, Sam shook his head slowly. "..I...I'm..so sorry." One season was not a lot of time. He'd seen whole years go by from his bedroom window, leaves changing to orange then bare branches welcoming the snow; sometimes it had been so fast he had thought it to be a trick.

"I promise you Remi, I will talk to the Voice soon, for you. I will make sure I have done all I can. Though..." He sat back and sighed. "I..don't think I will be able to help the way you want me to. I truly don't think The Voice is the cause, and I don't...know how to stop it. But..." He sat forward and held out a hand between them, offering friendship.

"If I can help in any other ways. For you. To just...be here. I..." Forgiveness was a new thing for Sam. Only ten minutes ago he had hated Remi and nearly shut a door in his face. But he was growing, and that meant letting the people around him stumble and grow too. "I am. Always."

SAMUEL
How could a night so frozen
Be so scalding hot?
How can a morning this mild
Be so raw?

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want a whole lotta might-have-beens - by Samuel - 08-08-2019, 06:51 PM