A Port Unseen [Open]
Cera Novik
Metalsmith / Medic

Age: 29 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Everything hangs tensely for a moment, though the long-haired fellow seems to rebound with a quick and careless grace that is - while annoying in some ways with his choice of words - at least a relief, as clearly Cera doesn't have to try and help him as well as the newcomer. Though at his little quip, Cera can't help but send a wry smile his way. "Height can be a deceiving measure of size," he quietly snips back. Of all who found him short, Cera was the number one. His original form had been so tall and long-legged, it had been a confusing change to suddenly be so...vertically challenged. He'd heard every joke in the book though, so the man's comment rolls off like water on a duck's back.

Instead he turns his full attention to the stranger, who is blinking slow and still clearly distressed. Cera turns to face him fully, leaving Ezra to wander off wherever his whims take him as he was clearly fine. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Renaud," he says softly instead, mustering a warm but cordial smile. Cera can't help but jerk forward in instinctive desire to grab and help support Renaud when he stumbles, but he withholds his touch at the last moment.

His heart aches as the man despairingly lists the admittedly hard to swallow list Ezra had given him, the pinch of his face squeezing in Cera's chest. He is so lost, so unsure, and Cera relates so much but he knows the news he has to deliver will only be marginally better worded than what Renaud had already been told. Some battles are not meant to be won, some wounds cannot be stalled, and he knows this. He is a wise, aged soul despite this youthful body, and though he wishes to spare Renaud from the pain of displacement he knows he cannot in good faith do so.

At Ezra's parting words his shoulders stiffen, realizing exactly what he's dealing with past his own suspicions. "First let's get to some shade, I may need you to sit to wrap that wound. Do you need help?" If Renaud is truly an Ascended, Cera needs to get him out of the sun. He offers his elbow and shoulder for Renaud to take if he desires, but otherwise does not speak until they can get further under the canopy of the trees by the Spire. He can't risk spooking the newcomer with knowledge he does not want to hear, and sending him further off into the woods.

"I know what I am going to say will sound confusing, but I ask that you trust I'm only telling you the truth," he prefaces. "This land is called Caido. I'm afraid you have arrived here through means we cannot explain well, but this is not, ah - what did you call it? - Italy. I know that is frightening, but I will answer as many questions as I can, as quickly or slowly as you need them." He's wary of giving too much information at once and overwhelming Renaud, so he leaves it at that for now. Renaud had seemed more concerned with knowing where he was and how to return to his post, and hopefully the answer to that will settle him enough for Cera to wrap his wound.

Nimble worker's hands dive into his satchel to pull out gauze from the Infirmary that he'd started carrying around, as well as a small vial of witch hazel to clot the...fluid. He's unsure how the clear fluid works for Ascended beings, but it's better to at least try. Gesturing with the gauze, Cera waits for a physical response from Renaud before he gets close enough to begin treatment.
Cera
The worst in me could bring out the best in you

Messages In This Thread
A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 07:33 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-15-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-17-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-17-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-20-2019, 01:00 AM