A Port Unseen [Open]
Cera Novik
Metalsmith / Medic

Age: 29 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Slight though his form was in this realm, Cera gives all the support and strength he can to the man who takes his arm. He may not be able to provide emotional tethering in the way Renaud needed, but this at least - the machinations of healing and preservation - was something within his control.

At least beneath the boughs of the tree, in the shade where the sun could not harm him, the displaced man seemed more at peace. Cera did not dare to interrupt the flow of his thoughts, the weight of all he had to carry from such a discordant arrival to Caido. Instead he focuses on the bandaging, the clearing of the wound, biting his lip as the heat of the fluid temporarily burns as he exerts pressure upon it. It is a distraction from the ache in his heart when he glances up to see listless tears dripping silently down Renaud's face. There is so little he can do, and it hurts to be helpless in the face of such pain and grief.

As he ties off the bandages he sits back on his shins, kneeling before the crying man with a look of deep sympathy on his face. One hand remains overtop the bandage, unable to part physically, needing the closeness for his own sanity and hoping it would not set off the stranger too badly. Masculinity had weird laws that Cera did not understand, had never understood. Marriage, however, he did. Though no lover of his had ever stayed, always drifting away when he tried so hard to make them love him as deeply as he did them, he could understand the grief of losing a partner. Or at least that is what he assumed had spurred the tears, the romantic that he was.

"It's not an impossibility," he offers softly, tucking hair behind his ear to better regard the man beneath the dappled sunlight. "But it is...unlikely. I don't wish to give you false hope, nor lie to you even to temporarily ease your pain." Sometimes Cera wished to be taken away, swept back to a place where his family remained. But where were they, if anywhere? Together, scattered as he was? How much time had passed? Did they remember him at all, or was it just a vague recollection as some of the other Helovians recounted? He could not wholly relate, having so many loved souls out there like ships in the night instead of one steady beacon to want to follow home.

At least Renaud seemed intent on more information, and Cera folds his hands in his lap and stares down at his wringing fingers for a moment before lifting to catch the man's intense, breathtaking gaze once more. "We are not all the same kind of person in Caido. There are differences between us, abilities that some have and others do not. They each have names, groups they belong to. Accepted, Attuned, Ascended, Abandoned." He lays them out slowly to emphasize their importance. Fae could wait till later - he barely knew of them in passing himself, and as an Outlander it was not something Renaud had to concern himself with yet. "I am an Attuned. I can shift my body into that of an animal at will. It is a reflection of my soul, and many who come through to Caido in the manner you have find themselves in one of the four categories without their own input.
It's so difficult to say in simple terms, ones he hope won't send Renaud into another fit or a breakdown.

Taking a deep steadying breath the golden man grazes a palm over the bandaged wound. "You are an Ascended. Sunlight will hurt you until you grow stronger over the years, and your senses are...dulled. That is why you cannot feel the pain, or the pressure of my hand. I'm not the most well-versed on Ascended, but I will do my best to help you find someone who may teach you if you need?" It's more of a kind gesture to offer than anything, because Renaud needed a guiding hand. One Cera, as an Attuned and an Outlander at that, could not provide. No matter how much he wanted to, if it meant easing the handsome man's burden.
Cera
The worst in me could bring out the best in you

Messages In This Thread
A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 07:33 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-15-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-17-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-17-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-20-2019, 01:00 AM