A Port Unseen [Open]
Renaud Cartier

Age: 29 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Nate Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Renaud narrowed his eyes as Cera spoke, teaching his lessons of races and abilities. It was quite a shock to the young soldier. He could understand cultural and aesthetic differences between peoples, but this sort of thing had absolute no counterpart in his own time and place. Cera could ... transform himself? Into animals? Cartier's immediate instinct was to accuse Cera of lying, or at least of stretching the truth, but his new friend had given no indication that he was up to no good. His words, Renaud thought, must be the truth.

And this meant that he was wholly different, wholly unhuman and perhaps permanently. Oddly enough, after the day he had had so far, the news hit him with a dull thud rather than a sharp stab of panic or fright. He nodded slowly once or twice as Cera finished speaking, allowing a lull to settle over the conversation as Cartier dealt with the weight of the words he had just been given.

"You are very kind," he finally replied, "and if it would not be too great a bother I would very much like to have some words with an ascended. It seems vital to learn what they - what we, are." He sighed, his gaze growing aimless as his thoughts began to consume him.

All at once he seemed to snap out of it, his eyes darting up to meet Cera's. A fire had been lit in his belly, the kind of which he had only felt a few times in life when a choice or potential action seemed of monumental importance.

"My friend, you have done more for me than I ever could have rightfully asked for. I am in your debt." He pressed his back against the tree, giving it his weight as he pulled himself to his feet. Renaud maintained his gaze on Cera, whether the blond Attuned had remained kneeling or risen to his feet to match Renaud.

"If you know another Ascended, I would be further indebted to you for bringing us together. Failing that, I shall like to have a look at a map of this Caido if at all possible. Are there things like libraries here? Or museums? I shall also require new clothes at the earliest convenience, not only to protect myself from the sunlight but also because these are filthy just now ... but without money or employment I imagine that shall be quite difficult. Say," he glanced back at Cera. His rapid word vomit had drawn his gaze inward, away from the man ahead of him.

"Does this Caido have an army? I don't suppose my talents are suited for much more than warfare. It is of no matter, I shall find some means of employment." He looked back at Cera. His voice was even, his speech quick and low almost as if he was only talking to himself. When Renaud looked at Cera, the previous wonder and admiration behind his eyes was gone - not eliminated, but perhaps buried beneath a sudden wave of motivation to gather his bearings and figure out what he would do next. Renaud the Soldier had taken over, leaving Renaud the Scared Boy behind at least for the moment.

"Apologies my friend, I've given you no time to give me any reply at all. Do you know an Ascended?"

Messages In This Thread
A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 07:33 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-15-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-17-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-17-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-20-2019, 01:00 AM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-23-2019, 01:34 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-29-2019, 06:33 AM