A Port Unseen [Open]
Cera Novik
Metalsmith / Medic

Age: 29 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Unspoken tension between them flickers like electricity, and it makes Cera's chest feel tight. He's not unaware of his preferences, they had been apparent even in his homeland, in a form that did not facilitate such advances. And yes, Renaud is handsome, and kind, and well-spoken and...well, Cera is lonely. He had lived his entire life in a family larger than the entirety of the Settlement, scarcely without company, always able to find a warm side to sleep beside. He simply had too much love to give, and he desperately wanted to reach out and establish more of a connection. But he also wouldn't be able to forgive himself for exerting that kind of pressure on someone so newly transplanted to an entirely different world. Someone who relies on him, on his advice and his guiding hand. So he diverts his gaze, cuts the brief connection, and focuses instead on neutral joking territory.

"You never know, you could be starting a new trend," he grins, idly dusting the debris from his leggings where he had been knelt beside Renaud. "Always best to be safe instead of sorry." He's bold enough to turn and wink alongside his words, internally laughing at the imagery of Renaud coming to him for every scrape and scab. As an Ascended, he didn't have to worry much about that, but it was endearing to imagine.

Kind eyes soften and Cera turns fully to regard Renaud, aware of the change in the air, ready to move onward towards civilization. "It's no trouble, not if it helps," he assures firmly. It was the least he could do to welcome the man to Caido, to help him get set up on his feet. He glances around, eyeing the sunlight. It's relatively cloudy, and the shade of the trees should keep them safe enough as they travel towards the Settlement, but he still removes his traveling cloak and offers it to the taller man.

"You'll look a little silly, but if the sun starts to bother you as we walk in the shade, you can place this over your head and shoulders as a shield." It's spoken shyly, feeling embarrassed at such a gesture, but he'd rather be embarrassed than have Renaud burnt to a crisp. "I wish I had somewhere for you to stay during the daylight hours, but I...I have plans, for a large building, multiple rooms, for anyone and everyone to stay when they have nowhere to go." Verdant gaze takes on a dreamlike, distant quality as he smiles to himself, imagining it. "I've finally decided on a location, but it's not ready yet. I'm sorry I can't offer you a place to safely rest," regret returns sharply as he draws himself from the imagery. He had no problems personally, with his fur and his den in perfect condition, but Renaud certainly couldn't fit into his den with him. Though it was undoubtedly a greatly amusing notion, imagining the soldier crawling on his belly and sliding into the hole he had created.

"If you're feeling well enough, I can lead you?" Finally, the offer that will actually give them purpose and direction. There is much to be done, and while the sun will be low when they reach the Settlement, Cera wants to ensure that Renaud has plenty of twilight hours to move freely and achieve what he needs.
Cera
The worst in me could bring out the best in you

Messages In This Thread
A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-15-2019, 07:33 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-15-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-15-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Ezra - 08-17-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Renaud - 08-17-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: A Port Unseen [Open] - by Cera - 08-20-2019, 01:00 AM