never let them drain the river of your soul
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

For my part, I know nothing with any certainty
Amalia, too, has meant to congratulate, wanted to offer Kiada praise, to hum her pride into her ear and soothe her wounds with balms and faith. Delah's onslaught had been expected, but painful nonetheless, leaving the baker wincing in her place among the stands. But Kiada had responded with maturity and poise, and the leopardess felt a fierce pride for her cub, for all the girl has overcome and all the mountains she has yet to climb.

She had meant to tell her all these things, but time was never on their side. Spires to plunder, plants to kill; they have been busy at every step, tangled up in new misadventures until there is no time to breathe, no room for anything to push and push, because if she stops moving then others might drown, and that cannot be allowed.

Still, Amalia is grateful when Deimos comes to fetch her, immediately agreeing to visit Kiada, to congratulate and regale her with their success. Plants are slayed, Spires crumbled; the Sword and Shield survived it all, along with all their friends. It is not a solution, but it is a step, and Amalia prays that at least for now it will be enough to offer respite, to help if not quite save their world.

A basket of treats upon her arm the baker steps out into the sun, slipping her hand in Deimos' own as they make their way through town. She knows the way to Kiada's home, though more often the Harpy comes to the bakery, makes herself busy assisting the shield. Standing blinking as the behemoth knocks, she raises an eyebrow and smiles slightly, surprised by the formality of the act. Without any ado Amalia steps forward, pushing into her young friend's house, a starwhale darting in ahead. "Kiada? Are you home?"
but the sight of the stars makes me dream

Messages In This Thread
RE: never let them drain the river of your soul - by Amalia - 08-19-2019, 09:51 PM