never let them drain the river of your soul
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

For my part, I know nothing with any certainty
What would it be like, to learn your mother (who is scarcely older than you, by looks and magic) is remarrying a man you barely know? Amalia cannot imagine, never having had a father to begin with, never having had much by way of men in her life at all. Part of her is jealous of Kiada and her surplus of fatherly figures, but it is a small and rather petty part, and she knows better than to indulge those feelings.

Instead she listens silently, continuing to put together lunch as Deimos and Kiada exchange barbs, a smile quirking at her lips. That Rexanna has become Ascended dampens her mirth for a moment; why anyone would choose to be as such is far beyond the girl. Unliving, unbreathing, and dead to the sun- but it is not for her to judge the reasons, especially when the one who chose is family to these two.

Again, Amalia cannot help but feel a little left out, the outsider of a history she will never understand. Biting her lip, she goes back to her work, offering smiles when appropriate as she fixes sandwiches of smoked meat and preserves. She does not look up until the exchange about attendance, suddenly realizing that she does not know if she is invited as well.

A question for another time, she supposes.

Placing the sandwiches onto plates, Amalia sets them around the table, pulling herself into a chair and waiting for them to join. "While we eat, maybe you can tell me what it means to give someone away?" she suggests, glancing up at Deimos. "And we can talk about what kind of food to make for it, Kia-" automatically assuming the role of Caido's Wedding Caterer.
but the sight of the stars makes me dream

Messages In This Thread
RE: never let them drain the river of your soul - by Amalia - 09-01-2019, 10:49 PM