Ghost Walk
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150

Ashe
monster, monster
under my bed, come out and play
cause I need a friend.

Ashe couldn't help her faint smile as he described the winters of his own world, glancing back at him. Numeria. She commit the name to memory, knowing full well how important home-worlds could be to Outlanders, be it for better or worse. She wondered if all of Jigano's ghosts were in Numeria, as hers were in Northwind, or if more of them lay here in Caido. They certainly weren't close enough to ask, so she took the morsel of personal information for the gift it was and offered one back.

"It's Kalt's favorite season too," she said fondly beneath the melody of his song. Her eyes turned softer as she looked into the mists, the shadows blurred and uncertain. "I was born where snow arrived early in the mountains, the roots of them stretching out into the sea. I think I loved it then, but I don't remember it well. Winters in the city were dirty and wet and cruel. I'm… relearning how to see its beauty." Frozen in a snowdrift in some alley, dying, fading… until she woke to the bright blue eyes of a boy, not knowing he had just saved her. Not knowing that she had just been sold to his Master. Winters had never been kind to the raven haired girl.

For a moment she thought to worry after having him behind her, but her senses were open, keeping him in the edges of her vision as she glanced back. "What becomes of souls that refuse to join Mort?" she wondered. Did they become wretched? Not like Vanya, who had been tucked safely and happily into the stars, Ronin with her for a time. Did the ones he was meant to find feel alone? Cold?

Ashe nodded her affirmation as he recalled what he had been told of Northwind. No gods, or if there were any, they had been long dead and forgotten. Prayer sounded strange, something so close to bowing and scraping and serving before kings. Could she stomach it?

Jigano presented her a question, and she tilted her head in a nearly canine way at him as she gathered her cloaked closer against the chilling fog. "I went to the Oasis shrine," she told him. "It's the only one I've ever truly reached out to them through." She looked ahead of them again, thinking carefully before she went on. "I know Ludo is Mort's herald, to guide fallen souls to him… but I know too of Ludo's cruelty. The things it's done to Remi. And..it appeared to Kalt at the Festival of Lights last year, with me and Theea beside him." There was no mistaking the hard edge that crept into her voice, a chill snaking down her spine. The haunting visage of the Master of Assassins often appeared to her in her sleep. "It brought with it my Master."

Her bright eyes turned back to Jigano, any traces of mirth shut away behind something hardened and wounded. "I've been wary of seeking out Ludo."
you're so damn close
that I feel your breath.
you're the only one I have left.

Messages In This Thread
Ghost Walk - by Jigano - 08-21-2019, 08:51 PM
RE: Ghost Walk - by Ashetta - 08-22-2019, 12:33 PM
RE: Ghost Walk - by Jigano - 08-22-2019, 02:39 PM
RE: Ghost Walk - by Ashetta - 08-23-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: Ghost Walk - by Jigano - 08-23-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Ghost Walk - by Ashetta - 08-26-2019, 05:35 PM
RE: Ghost Walk - by Jigano - 08-26-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: Ghost Walk - by Ashetta - 08-27-2019, 12:29 AM