can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

Well, Loren got his explanation for how Rexanna knew him soon enough. she was a friend of Remi’s. Unfortunately, that also meant he got his explanation: she was a friend of Remi’s. Even just hearing the name sent a myriad set of emotions coursing through him. Guilt, followed by anxiety, chased by regret, underscored by sadness, they are swirled together in a confusing whole. The news that Remi had sent search parties out after the librarian certainly didn’t help his nerves.

He had to take a series of deep breaths to just to keep the panic from rising. Only when he was sure he was under control did he respond. “Ah. I see.” He swallowed past the lump in his throat. “It’s nice to meet you, Ms. Reyes.” He was falling back on the impeccable manners that had been drilled into him since birth, in lieu of knowing how to actually react to this incredibly composed woman.

Then he hesitated before asking, “H-how is he? R-Remi I mean.” The librarian barely got the name out, and he knew he had no right to be asking that question. But even if Loren couldn’t get up the courage to talk to his former lover, the Launceleyn could still find out how the other man was doing. Despite everything—or maybe because of it—Loren just hoped Remi was happy. The Attuned had earned that much.

As Rexanna questioned the summoner’s presence here, Loren blinked. “No, ah, well, not exactly.” He ran a hand through his hair, suddenly worried about what this woman’s relationship to Edy might have been. It wouldn’t be surprising if the aggressive Launceleyn had made enemies in her time here. Loren didn’t want to think ill of the dead, but Edy was incredibly difficult to get along with, as he remembered. Honestly, he still couldn’t believe she’d been queen. Then again, the same could be said of Zariah. “No, I’m here...I’m here to see if the previous proprieter, er, Edy, well...my cousin? I guess you could call her that. Yeah, came to see if Edy left anything here.” Probably best not to mention the ghost.

Then his mind caught up with his ears, and he tilted his head quizzically at the woman before him. “Wait, what do you mean, ‘everything happened with the Launceleyns?’” His eyes narrowed with suspicion. “And what brought you here, if you don’t mind me asking?” Perhaps Loren should’ve asked that sooner. If he hadn't been so distracted with the Remi comment, he would've paid closer attention, but it was too late now.

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-24-2019, 01:12 AM