can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

It seemed there wasn’t anything Rexanna needed right now, for which Loren was grateful. Although he’d offered to help—and although he would’ve done everything in his power to fulfill her request, assuming it wasn’t to like, murder someone—the truth of the matter was he could barely take care of himself and the kids that had been foisted on him. But he tried to make up for the Launceleyns where he could. They left enough destruction in their wake that it was practically a full time job.

According to Rexanna, though, Peter (whoever he was), wasn’t so bad. Loren probably should’ve been more circumspect, but he spoke without thinking. “Well that’s good to know, because Beatrix hates him, so I was worried.” Immediately he blushed, and stammered out a more appropriate response. “I-I mean, it’s good to hear that he’s a ah, good person.” Too few of the people who called themselves his family were kind, let alone good. And while Beatrix might pout and whine, Loren trusted the adult Rexanna much more than he did the child, relative or no.

It wasn’t surprising that Peter had magic: in fact, it was a prerequisite for being a Launceleyn. However, the actual magic he possessed was surprising. “Oh. That’s interesting. I thought I was the only Abandoned with light magic in the family.” Then, more softly, he added, “at least, the only one still alive.” He looked away from Rexanna, blinking away tears, shocked at the pain even after all this time. Astra was gone, and Loren had long ago given up hope of ever seeing his beloved baby sister ever again. She’d been the only one to treat him well, and her loss stung more than any other.

He watched with some interest as she filled a bowl with wine and coaxed the spider out of the way. Huh. Apparently these critters were well known and fairly docile; it was good to know how to deal with them if he ran into one in the future. Now that the bar was safe (from arachnids, at least), he gave it a more thorough search. His hands touched something soft, and he pulled it out gingerly. A pair of fuzzy handcuffs. Of course it was a pair of fuzzy handcuffs.

He was too busy shaking his head over them to be paying much attention to Rexanna. So when the woman mentioned that Edy had a cock, he gave the blue-eyed woman a quizzical glance. “Wait...Edy had a pet rooster?” It didn't seem like her to take care of another living thing. Then again, maybe she just held on it for the pun, something very much like her.

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-24-2019, 05:42 PM