can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

Loren hesitated. It was so ingrained in him not to speak ill of the family that he had to fight off his initial response to fervently defend Beatrix’s honor. Not that the child needed it: she had proven quite capable of speaking her mind on more than one occasion. “I shouldn’t be so hard on her. She’s suffered more than any child should, and she thinks she’s very much alone in the world.” Of course, it paled in comparison to the years of torture Loren had undergone—and he too was basically on his own now—but he was trying to be better than his family.

As Rexanna explained more about Peter, Loren resolved to actually find the man. He kept getting distracted from that particular task, but it seemed important to do sooner rather than later. “It sounds just like Zariah to go behind everyone’s back and just assume she knows what’s best for them, then expect you to go along without protest.” There was a dark tone in his voice that surprised him. Though maybe it shouldn't given his treatment at the hands of his family. Apparently speaking ill of the family didn’t extend to the former queen; then again, she’d proven time and time again that she didn’t care for the family, not really, only herself and her own reputation and power. “Anyway I’ll seek him out, Peter I mean, and see if he still wants to be a Launceleyn after all that.” If he didn’t, Loren would obviously understand. Even the librarian, who had their blood, wasn’t sure he wanted to be a Launceleyn anymore.

Forcing his tears away (something he was well practiced at), he shook his head at her apology. “Don’t apologize. It’s...it happened a long time ago, in a past life.” That was more true than he cared to admit. As the conversation swung back towards magic, Loren felt relief course through him. It was a much safer subject. “Quite an eclectic mix. Let’s see...I mastered summoning, and have a little bit of healing, telekinesis, and creation.” He smiled at the final magic, though it didn’t reach his eyes. “That last one seems quite popular.” Then he looked at her more sharply. “Although I’d be curious to hear more about fireworks magic. I’ve never heard of that one.” And he thought he knew a lot about magic; however, in Caido, he was hardly an expert.

The spider proved a welcome distraction from the handcuffs, and he watched its drunken antics for a moment before his eyes were drawn to the glow in Rexanna’s hands. A locket appeared there, and she held it out to him. For his part, he took in gingerly. “Thank you. I...appreciate the gesture.” He could’ve made his own, obviously, but it was the thought that counted. When Rexanna spoke of memories, though, Loren had to look away. He didn’t have very many pleasant ones to dwell on. Still, if they were supposed to be honoring the past, he could think of a much better way. "But I think we can do something my cousin would've liked a little more."

Now it was his turn to concentrate, and a knife appeared in his hand. Stepping to the bar, he found a spot in the corner, and started carving out large and blocky letters:

EDY WAS HERE AND YOU BITCHES BETTER BELIEVE IT

Stepping back to admire his handiwork, Loren nodded. It was a very fitting tribute, especially since it harkened back to his first meeting with his volatile cousin. She’d been loud in everything: life, love, magic, mayhem, family, friends, and everything in between. Glancing at Rexanna, he finally replied to her comment. “To memories.”

Then the blue-eyed woman clarified her earlier statement and Loren felt his eyes widen. Then he laid his arms on the bar, lowered his head to the wood, and started laughing uncontrollably. He had no reason to disbelieve Rexanna’s words, and he could all too easily imagine Edy browbeating a god into giving her a dick. In between chuckles, he managed to wheeze out, “Of course she did. Good for her. Bet she enjoyed that.” It wasn’t even the weirdest thing he’d heard since his return, but it might just be the funniest.

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-24-2019, 07:11 PM