can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
She nods her head in agreement with Loren. It had to have been hard, hell — it was hard for her when everyone had left. She understood to an extent, but she also didn’t put a lot of stock into the words. But she begins to speak of Peter again, and she hears Loren’s response when she pauses enough to hear the darkness in his voice, sapphire eyes shooting over to him with a raised brow and a slight fanged smile. “Yep. Exactly right.” She tacks onto it. Zariah had certainly been less than pleased at Rexanna’s refusal. But she didn’t regret any of it.

It is not her place to speak for Peter, but she gives Loren a small smile and a nod. She wanted to tell him that she thinks he would like to, but with Edrei’s death, she doesn’t know where that leaves the kind, scarred boy. And so she keeps her mouth shut at it, nodding along with him when he explains his losses happened a while ago. She understands that too, and lets the conversation shift with that, toward magic and the things she possesses. And she turns, leaning against the bar to face him when he speaks of his own magic. Dark brows raise in response to his own achievements and a grin crosses her face. “I suppose we’d much prefer to have our own ability to create rather than beg others to help.” She jokes with a quiet laugh. At the mention of her fireworks, her eyes sharpen slightly and she beams at him.

But she waits to show him, handing him the locket and seeing the reaction before he hums to separate memories, creating a knife that Rexanna watches him use to carve the words into the corner, and she smirks. “Oh yes, very her.” She gives a light chuckle before she waits for him to step aside. “But it needs a bit more...” She says thoughtfully, before she steps around the bar too, grabbing a glass of water just in case she sets the bar on fire, and she aims a firework at the series of letters, watching the colors explode in a hue of reds, golds, and yellow — searing the boards with a halo of fire burns. Then, just in case she’s begun some kind of fire, she reaches for her own fire magic and snuffs them out.

Sapphire eyes turn to him then with a light shrug. “They get bigger but I’m afraid I’ll have to show you outside where I won’t burn a place like this to the ground.” She jests once more with a playful lilt to her tone before she joins him again on the other side of the bar, discarding the cup of water while she searches the bar, finding the lone few condoms hidden behind it as she explains to him Edrei’s extra addition. She doesn’t expect the laugh, but a grin forms on her face with the chuckles and hums of laughter that erupt from the man.

He has quite a contagious laugh, and she finds herself snickering along with him. “Oh if I knew Edy at all, I’d say that might have been her favorite part.” She says though her own laughter, not entirely slowing down. But she focuses on the task again, kneeling down onto the floor behind the bar, reaching in under it for anything that might have rolled away. “Is it bad that I might be afraid to put my face anywhere near the floor back here?” She laughs to him, based off of what they’ve found.

She does it anyway, pulling her dark hair back and peering into the dark depths below before a squeak of surprise leaves her, and she pulls out yet another wine spider — sizably smaller than the other one, but just as thirsty.
the penumbra
the moon is drunk with the sins of the sun.
& you stare, and wonder why
the universe never loved you back

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Rexanna - 08-24-2019, 08:20 PM