can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

Thankfully Rexanna gave Loren some space. He didn’t know what he’d do if the relatively unknown woman had tried to comfort him; given that the Launceleyn was barely capable of accepting sympathy from people he was close to, he definitely wouldn’t be able to take it from a stranger. She let him recover, though, and didn’t say anything about his volatile emotions, for which he was grateful. All she did was invite him to see some real fireworks. “Thank you.” He hesitated, figuring he should try to make it an equivalent exchange. “I don’t have much to offer in return, but I can show you some of creatures I can summon.” People seemed to enjoy that.

Loren smiled briefly. “It’s just a little too easy to picture, isn’t it? But it definitely works.” This was how he should be honoring Edy’s memory: joy at the best parts of her, not sorrow at losing her. If she could see him crying and whining as he was, she’d probably curse him out, then try to jump his bones and have sex with him to cheer him up. That had been much more her style than mournful introspection. The comment about Rexanna being Ascended caught Loren off guard; it didn’t seem that relevant to the conversation at hand. Then, of course, he remembered some things he’d learned about Ascended and he spoke without thinking. “Oh right, you can’t—” Luckily, he cut himself off before he said something too awful, but he blushed all the same. “Er...sorry.” Sex was a touchy subject among the Ascended (or rather, lack thereof).

As the blue-eyed woman explained the wine spiders and their goals, Loren bit his lip. “Not me,” he responded softly. Loren had a pretty terrible track record when it came to drinking heavily. The first time he had, he’d made the mistake of fucking Ronin; the time after that, it had been Remi; and then the final time, he’d been alone, so he’d started a bar brawl, had to be rescued by his twin, and then vomited all over Neron’s fancy clothes. Well, that at least was payback for all the shit Neron put Loren through. Still, best for Loren to avoid alcohol where he could.

He watched with some interest as Rexanna made her way over to a door he’d barely noticed. She threw it open, and he found himself walking towards her, incredibly curious—but also a little bit worried—about what Edy might keep in the back room. Peering inside, he saw mostly bottles of the good stuff. But there had to be more to be discovered. He glanced over at the blue-eyed woman. "Dare we chance entering Edy's inner sanctum?" Mostly, he was joking. That didn't mean there wasn't a chance Edy had left something nasty in there.

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-25-2019, 12:33 PM