can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

Well, that was awkward. Despite Loren’s best efforts, Rexanna picked up on his unease. He felt himself blushing again, all traces of fear replaced in an instant with bone-deep embarrassment. “Oh, I wasn’t, I mean, that’s...good to know.” He closed his eyes, mortified. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to offend.” When he opened them again, he couldn’t quite meet Rexanna’s sapphire gaze. “The Ascended where I came from were not always so courteous.” Oh, it was against the rules, and they were supposed to have been punished, but many were powerful enough to get away with it with no repercussions. Hopefully that statement would let Rexanna understand Loren’s trepidations.

The summoner had noted the brand, of course, but thought little of it. After all, he too was marked. It’s just that his brands were not visible. But under his clothes—indeed, almost every inch of skin except for his head, neck, hands, and feet, where the injuries had been healed—was covered with a veritable mass of scar tissue. It was a living tapestry of every horror his family had ever inflicted on him, of which there had been many. The remains of cuts, remnants of burns, and the record of even worse spells and wounds was spelled out for all to see, if they knew where to look. Perhaps it wasn’t surprising that he chose to stay bundled up as much as possible.

He gave Rexanna a sympathetic look. While he didn’t know the specifics (nor did he feel it was his place to ask), running away from an ex-husband sounded bad. “I’m sorry to hear that. But I’m glad it worked out in the end, despite a slight detour caused by Zariah’s specific brand of insanity.” If only Loren could get a blessing of any kind: surely he was overdue for some good news. Then again, that might be selfish, given his numerous shortcomings and failures.

The closet was certainly a treasure trove, assuming the treasure was sex toys. Loren’s eyes widened as Rexanna pulled out a full whip. Shaking his head and chuckling (the sound unfamiliar in his ears), he swept his gaze over the shelves. His next target was a set of small round balls on a string. This time, he didn’t make the mistake of picking it up with his hands, but used his telekinesis instead to float it in the air between them. Tilting his head, he shot the blue-eyed woman an amused glance. It felt wrong to be having so much fun, but he couldn’t help himself. “I’m not sure what this is supposed to do. And please don’t tell me if you know. I think I prefer my ignorance.” So much for Loren preferring truth, but for someone who was a self admitted prude, Edy’s sexual proclivities were downright overwhelming.

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-26-2019, 01:45 AM