can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

Yeah, that sounded like Zariah: she had a very narrow idea of who would be an appropriate family member and who wouldn’t, and it started and ended with their magic. However, good breeding and manners would be a plus for her. Still, from the way Rexanna was reacting, it was probably best to drop the subject, as the blue-eyed woman had done with the conversation about feeding earlier. However, he couldn’t resist rolling his eyes when Rexanna mentioned she had secrets that Zariah didn’t know. “Actually, in my experience, it was easy to hide things from Zariah. The woman is oblivious to anything that doesn’t revolve around her small petty world.” No, the issue was when Loren actually tried to communicate with his cousin.

That’s when the sparks started flying. Zariah was gone, though, and Loren didn’t have to worry about that unless and until she returned. That was a possibility he tried not to think about too hard. Granted, he tried not to think about the future much at all; he was just muddling through day by day, trying to limit the damage he might do. So when Rexanna expressed her optimistic view, Loren sighed. “I wish I could believe that.” It came out in a whisper, almost to himself.

The conversation turned to lighter matters (for what could be farther than worrying about the future than discussing sex toys?), for which Loren was incredibly grateful. “Thank you. I appreciate you letting me keep my bliss.” The joke fell too easily from his lips. For a moment, he’d forgotten that he was supposed to be angsty and depressed. However, when Rexanna mentioned the clean-up, it all came crashing down on him once more. “I guess that would be me.” They were planning to burn Edy’s belongings in the Launceleyn way, and these would just get added to the pyre.

Giving the blue-eyed woman a sad smile, the librarian rummaged around until he found an empty box. Then he grabbed every object he could manage with his telekinesis to put it away. “Well, Edy did everything to excess, didn’t she?” Did, past tense. Because she was dead, and Loren hadn’t even been there to say goodbye, let alone make amends.

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-26-2019, 09:04 PM