can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

It was surprising when Rexanna offered to help Loren gather Edy’s belongings. He paused, watching her make her gloves, objects floating in the air around him, not quite sure how he was feeling. Grateful, yes, obviously. But he was also completely unsure whether he deserved such kindness from a stranger. Honestly, he wasn’t sure he deserved it from anyone. “Thank you.” He sank a great deal of emotion into the word, although even he wasn’t quite sure what all of it was.

Then he hesitated, and when he spoke again his voice sounded lost. “But...why? I mean, why help me?” He should’ve been more clear, since he was talking about far more than the packing up. After everything he’d done to her friend and others—and after everything she’d suffered at the hands of his family—Loren would’ve given the Launceleyns a wide berth. In fact, that’s exactly what he’d done. Maybe Rexanna was just a better person than him. It wouldn’t be hard.

He resumed packing. Given that his telekinesis was relatively weak, he’d only managed to get the smaller objects in his box, so he started grabbing the larger ones. Starting with the whip: he began coiling it around his arm. When Rexanna agreed with his observation about Edy’s lifestyle, the corner of his mouth quirked up. “Well, she hated being anything less than the best.” And she had to prove it to anyone who’d listen (and some people who really didn’t want to) loudly and unapologetically.

As for funeral customs, well, that one was simple. “Why, we set things on fire, of course.” It was entirely appropriate for a family that loved its destruction. There was a stupid reason behind it, because they were dragons, or some such nonsense; he let out a low snort of amusement, but it was anything but mirthful. Then he sighed, and placed the whip in the box. While he disliked the symbolism of it, it was actually a nice tradition, one of the few his family had. “We usually burn the bodies in a small ceremony for only family. But...since there’s no body, we’re...burning her things instead.” His tone was tired, but he resumed grabbing objects, this time picking up the collar and leash. Edy would love to be surrounded by her family.

However, she’d also hate a staid, boring affair like a Launceleyn funeral. So he shot Rexanna a curious look. “That doesn’t mean we couldn't have a party to celebrate her her afterwards, though. If you think people would like that.” Loren wouldn’t—he hated parties, and nowadays it would be even more awful—but this wasn’t about him. Indeed, he didn’t want anything to be about him anymore only other people. And he knew that Edy would love it if her friends got sloppy in her name. Plus, given how gloomy everyone was around here (with reason, and yes he knew how hypocritical it was for him, of all people, to think that) it seemed they could do with some cheer.

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-27-2019, 10:54 AM