can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
He pauses while she makes her gloves, and she glances to him refraining from raising a brow. The words that left him were full of emotion, and she simply nods with a small saddened smile. She doesn’t need to tell him you’re welcome, she doesn’t need to add more unless he asks, and her head drifts toward him when he hesitates. His question is multi layered, and she doesn’t know where to respond at first. Does he mean helping him despite him being a Launceleyn? Does he mean something else?

Luckily for Rexanna, she hasn’t heard many stories about the Librarian, but the few she has heard doesn’t give her much of a reason to blatantly hate. And as for the Launceleyns? He shares their name, but he isn’t Zariah. If anyone should know what that’s like, it’s her. It isn’t like it matters anyway, and she gives him a gentler smile with a tilt to her head. “I believe in second chances.” She tells him simply. And she does. She has lived a life among many different versions of people, different lives, with different types of people.

But they resume packing, and she grabs onto the broom, a soft snort leaving her lips at his next statement. She agrees, from what she knew of Edrei. If anything could do something well, she could do it better. Her mind drifts to the soccer game with the gourds upon her arrival, with her and Deimos and the Penumbra. And yet, while Rexanna had found she could set them aflame, Edrei could simply explode them in a whirlwind of flame.

It’s explained even further when he mentions they set them on fire – and she nods. But the woman remains quiet while he goes onto explain, using the broom to brush out some dirt and dust from under the cupboards, and what little things she finds she pauses to put into the boxes as well. “We did a similar thing from my home.” She says with a small nod. “Sounds lovely.” She says – and she means it, her love of light and flame, despite her body’s hatred and fear of it, would die with her soul. If she could go out in a blaze of glory, she wants to.

But he gives her a curious question, a thought to mull over, and her broom pauses on the rough hewn wood of the floor as she regards him. “Hmmm.” She pauses thoughtfully. “I do think that could be arranged.” She gives him a small fanged smile. “Clean this up, throw it here? I’m sure people would come. She was the favorite.” She tells him – not sure if it’s true, but Edrei had always been her favorite Launceleyn, even if she didn’t trust the woman after Zariah’s reign.
the penumbra
the moon is drunk with the sins of the sun.
& you stare, and wonder why
the universe never loved you back

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Rexanna - 08-27-2019, 06:15 PM