can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
She hears the stammer in his voice and shrugs lightly. She hasn’t really told anyone about it, and there’s no use hiding it anymore. She had learned from Frey that day, had learned much about herself too. “First day I ever met Remi, we unearthed a shrine and Frey appeared.” She muses on the memory. “They took the memory of you, and a few weeks later I felt terrible about it. Went back to try and get them back. Told them they could have mine if they gave his back.” The broom stills as she carefully regards him. “Doesn’t work like that, though. They gave me a good life lesson though, took my brand away, and placed a fun little curse on me.” A playful smile quirks the corners of her lips up at that.

But they’re talking of her ex-husband and the cultural norms of most nobles, and she nods in sympathy. It isn’t right. And she had strove to prevent it from occurring more, to the best of her ability. Even if she had been punished for it. And she listens while he mentions what he had done too, a similar smile of nostalgia crossing her face. “Here’s to the underdog?” She jests, glazing over the fact he was undercover. It’s different to be the one orchestrating the moves rather than the one deep within. And she can tell that he doesn’t seem like the type. He mentions his past and she continues to sweep, making smaller piles until she grabs a pan to sweep them into. “I’ve learned that family isn’t blood.” She says simply. Everyone in her life she considered to be family was once a friend.

It also helped that she was the last of her own bloodline. But she leaves that part out.

But she doesn’t feel bad about being guilty of it. She’d always done what she thought to be right, even at her own cost. It wasn’t until she met Frey that things began to change. No longer did she feel the need to sacrifice herself for others. She could simply be, blossom, and bloom as her own woman. She shrugs off the implication anyway, no offense taken by the smile that sits contently on her lips. Yet the smile blossoms into a quiet chime of laughter at his surprise. “I know.” She quips back.

He tells her that he’ll stay and she nods as she discards the dirt and dust and other things into a place to be destroyed, before she turns back to him to listen as the conversation shifts to Longnight. “I would stay at the Manor.” She tells him contemplatively. “It would be far more comfortable than here like I did last year.” She tells him with another quiet hum of laughter. “But you might want to fix the upstairs bathroom before… It’s got a broken window.” She winks to him before she sets the broom aside and picks up another wet rag to clean the dusty bottles. “Wait... You said you could summon, right? Does that apply to mythical beasts?” She asks contemplatively.
the penumbra
the moon is drunk with the sins of the sun.
& you stare, and wonder why
the universe never loved you back

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Rexanna - 08-29-2019, 07:23 PM