can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
As Rexanna explained that Frey had cursed her to speak only in innuendos or by flirting, Loren cocked his head. ”Huh. That’s...oddly specific. Any idea why they gave you that curse?” He noted her comment about other things, but decided not to follow up on it. The more he heard about the gods, the more confusing they seemed. On the one hand, they were these incredibly powerful beings who did not tolerate many mortals; on the other hand some of their actions, appeared to be totally random and, if not benign, at least not actively harmful. So it was an odd mix.

The blue-eyed woman laughs at his terrible joke, and Loren feels a warmth starting in his chest that he hasn’t felt in a long while. However, the conversation turned towards more serious topics, and he lets go of the laughter and smiles with a pang. This was obviously more important. However, that didn't make it easier to move on. Still, whatever he thought she might say next, it definitely wasn’t what came out of her mouth.

The Launceleyn’s jaw dropped. This was incredibly useful information and he was surprised no one had conveyed it to him yet. ”Wait, really? Is there any limit to the amount of time the borrowed abilities last or the number of abilities you can borrow? Can you use all of my magic, or just summoning? Alternatively, is there a limit to the number of times you can drink my blood?” This seemed like it might exponentially increase their chances of surviving LongNight.

Then what he’d said last—and what Rexanna had been saying all along—hit him. ”So...you’d have to b-bite me.” He wished he didn’t sound so scared. After all, he’d been tortured to within an inch of his life, so some fangs and bloodletting shouldn’t bother him. But it did, because...well, for a lot of reasons. His right hand came up to his left arm and hugged it to him, a protective gesture. Still, Loren swallowed, and looked Rexanna in her so-blue eyes. ”You’re right. It’s an option. And a good idea. We should t-test it.” He could get past his anxiety if it might save lives. It wouldn’t be the first time he’d done it, after all.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-30-2019, 11:54 AM