Training of monsters and mazes
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

A woman’s voice shattered his concentration, causing the rock to fall to the ground with a clatter. If his heart hadn’t been pounding in his chest and anxiety hadn’t spiked within him, he would’ve been embarrassed. As it stood, he was mostly scared, and more than a bit annoyed: even in the depths of the Labyrinth it seemed that people could and would seek him out. He turned his head to see who’d followed him through these twists and turns.

To his surprise, he saw that it was Ashe. That might just have been the last person he’d expect to see out here: the two of them had come over from Northaven together, but they had hardly been close, in this world, or the last. Indeed, the woman had quite a reputation, whispered among the nobles. Then again, so did Loren, and he knew his was (mostly) false. Besides, he’d always hated gossiping with his peers.

She’d changed though. For one, she had pointy and hairy ears. He would’ve taken a closer look if he still wasn’t trying to figure out what she wanted with him; the Assassin in Blue didn’t seem like the sort to swing by for a friendly chat. Oh, sure, she was sitting on that rock nonchalantly, but he had no doubt that she’d already calculated numerous lethal and nonlethal ways to take him down. Indeed, her approach had been so silent that she could’ve taken him where he sat, and he’d have been none the wiser.

The fact that she hadn’t was small comfort. Still, when she spoke, he relaxed imperceptibly. Maybe, against all odds—and contrary to everything he knew about her—she actually was here just to say hi. And maybe get his measure. It wasn’t often someone from his family reappeared after so long away. So long as she wore a smile, strange as it was, he’d remain polite. She wouldn’t get warm from him, though, considering how empty and cold his soul was these days. “We were. Guess that never really got off the ground, did it? Seems like a long time ago, almost quaint.” It had been a good idea (Ronin used to have a lot of those, and maybe still did), but everything changed when they came to Caido. Some things and people more than others, of course, and Loren less than most.

Sure, he had lost weight until he looked almost dangerously thin, and the circles under his eyes had turned into full blown bags. But on the inside, he was still the same lost and broken man he’d always been. “That’s right. And you’re Ashe?” Although he was almost certain he knew the answer, it was always best to ask.

He stood up (not particularly liking the fact that she was perched above him), and brushed the debris from his pants. “Did you come looking for me?” The sooner he found out what she wanted, the faster he could assist her, and the quicker she’d be out of his hair. He didn’t particularly want to talk to anyone ever again, especially folks who’d come over with him. “I can always stretch my magical muscles another time if you needed my help with something.” His mouth twisted in a bitter mockery of a smile. “I’m sure you saw how much good it was doing me.” Of course, once upon a time he’d have been thrilled to have any telekinesis at all. The days when he cared about the Launceleyn magical supremacy were long behind him however.

Messages In This Thread
of monsters and mazes - by Loren - 08-24-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Ashetta - 08-27-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Loren - 08-27-2019, 02:54 AM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Ashetta - 09-04-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Ashetta - 09-08-2019, 03:58 AM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 11:00 AM