Training of monsters and mazes
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

Apparently Ashe appreciated Loren’s choice of words. He gave her a small smile, then wondered whether or not to say anything further. ”Everything, huh? Sounds like you might have some tales to tell.” Unlike the Launceleyn, who’d spent the past year in a haze, he assumed the Assassin in Blue had been right in the thick of things. She didn’t seem to be the type to sit back and let others fight her battles.

Although he noticed that she moved when he did, the summoner didn’t comment on it. He didn’t blame her, not after everything that went down with Zariah. Still, it was a stark reminder that people in the Hollowed Grounds had no reason to trust him. At least she hadn’t been following him specifically. ”Ah. You saw that.” He ran a hand through his hair in a nervous gesture. ”I figured it would be best not to take any chances. I’d hate to get lost again so soon after I came back.” Given that she probably hadn’t seen him in quite a while, Loren knew he’d have to get the explanation that was not an explanation out of the way sooner or later. Sooner was probably better, especially given the suspicious way she looked at him.

However, if he was surprised at her presence here, it was nothing compared to his shock when she asked him to display his magic. He bit his lip, wondering exactly what she meant by that, before nodding once, decisively. ”Alright. I can do that. And acquaintance works for me if it works for you." Pausing for just a moment, he gave her a considering look "Ready?” That was all the warning he’d give her. Normally he’d have waited until he received some sign from his partner that they were prepared for him. However, she had said to show him, and this was Ashetta he was facing. He had no doubt that she could handle everything he might throw at her. From half-remembered glimpses of her in action back in Northaven, he knew she was a lightning mage primarily, though he would keep an eye out for other tricks.

However, he did have one trick up his sleeve that she might not be expecting. Narrowing his eyes just a fraction, he summoned a creature he’d only used once before: a thunderbird. The bird, larger than a person, sprang into existence directly in front of the woman. It streaked towards her, black and white striped feathers blurring together, talons clenched rather than outstretched. He was just trying to see if he could touch her at all with the bird, maybe knock her off balance; meanwhile, the sky ahead, already dark, grew even more ominous as a chill wind sprang up. Sweat burst out on the summoner’s brow, but his eyes never left Ashetta.

Messages In This Thread
of monsters and mazes - by Loren - 08-24-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Ashetta - 08-27-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Loren - 08-27-2019, 02:54 AM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Ashetta - 09-04-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Ashetta - 09-08-2019, 03:58 AM
RE: of monsters and mazes - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 11:00 AM