all the wrong places (open)
A frantic Loren tries and fails to get some research done
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 2720
Jigano managed a wry smile and a nod of acceptance that Loren would learn the risks of the Greatwood. The other man’s follow-up questions had some of the wryness leaving the bard’s smile, a more naturally pleased expression on his face at the scholar’s curiosity and eager desire to learn more. ”Ah, as to that, I’ve been told that it’s not a natural disease.” Remi and Amalia had both informed him of the blight’s roots, though as of yet its purpose was still a mystery. ”It comes from the Voice, and it was her Ascended who initially spread it, though they were used without their knowledge to do so. Given that the Voice slumbered within the barrier for three hundred years, perhaps the plants and animals here developed resistance to it. Perhaps that is why they are so sickly compared to the plants in the Greatwood.” Nature was ever a balance, in his experience. He shook his head though, pushing the thought to the side for later. ”I haven’t heard of such an experiment, but I have been… indisposed of late.” The wryness was back as he glanced down to his traitorous hands, flexing them in spite of their trembling.

He had given in and given up for long enough, though. It was past time to start living up to Edy’s and Amalia’s expectations again.

He offered an ironic little shadow of a bow at the compliment, his grin turning sharp and widening a bit at the apology. ”I’ve a habit of pushing too far, too fast, myself. My apologies to you, as well, for overstepping.” The sharpness remained as he straightened, a flash of his old confidence brightening blue eyes at Loren’s offer. ”I shall take you up on that, I think. If I can work with Wessex, I have no doubt that you and I will be able to do the same.” There was far less antipathy between the two men, for one. And they had a lot more in common, for another.

At the mention of knocking down the Manor, however, the bard looked away, some of the weariness he had been hiding revealing itself again. ”Oh, I have heard several suggestions to set it on fire. I can’t say I’d stop anyone from trying, given what that place has come to represent to many. But it can wait until Flowerbirth, if it comes down to it.” He looked back with an appreciative quirk of his lips at the gallows humor, nodding agreement.

The mention of Remi, it seemed, was less easily accepted, and Jigano felt a wry, self-deprecating amusement at Loren being in the position with the alchemist that he had been in for so long. After their night-flight over the Greatwood he hoped they’d struck a more optimistic balance, but there was no denying the ups and downs of the relationship between bard and manticore. ”He has magic of his own that he wants to experiment with, it sounded like at the meeting. He suggested the three of us get together to try and get different viewpoints on what you’re both attempting… and I suspect he wants to be feeling like he’s doing something. Living with a blighted isn’t… easy,” he chose the word delicately, but didn’t entirely hide his wince. His own mate was taking far too much of the brunt of things when the bard grew too tired to maintain his masks at the end of a long day fighting back the rage within. ”It doesn’t have to be perfect this first time, especially since we won’t have a Long Night monster to test things on yet.” He tilted his head at the Launceleyn, and there might have been something resembling sympathy in his tired eyes. ”For what it’s worth… I’m sorry to be pushing you on this. This business with lost memories and lost loves is… I cannot even imagine how difficult it must be.”

Messages In This Thread
all the wrong places (open) - by Loren - 08-27-2019, 12:45 AM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Jigano - 08-28-2019, 05:03 PM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Loren - 08-28-2019, 06:00 PM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Jigano - 08-28-2019, 07:52 PM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Loren - 08-28-2019, 08:20 PM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Jigano - 08-28-2019, 09:41 PM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 12:07 AM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Jigano - 08-29-2019, 01:37 AM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 03:19 AM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Jigano - 08-29-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: all the wrong places (open) - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 05:05 PM