you are the best thing that's (n)ever been mine
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
i wanted to be ruined —
a little more than i wanted
— to be loved
She looks so young, but she supposes it’s a similar thing to what happened to Deimos and her mother, upon their arrival into the land. She finds she doesn’t mind – because despite it all, it’s still her, with the same memories and feelings and thoughts, the same abilities of quick wit and fight that Kiada cherishes deep within her bones. And as Hotaru holds her tight, Kiada can’t help the gasp that leaves her, body trembling in the smaller woman’s arms.

Perhaps it hurts more to be able to look up into Hotaru’s gaze and see her missing pieces, perhaps it hurts because she is here and he is not, and gods how he would have loved to see his mother again. She finds herself biting down on her lip hard as she pulls away briefly from Hotaru, as the Valkyrie whispers back and feathers sprout along her shoulders. She wants to bury her face into Hotaru’s arms, to become small and tiny like the child she was before, to watch and learn from her favorite and only aunt.

Her heartbeat is a rapid thunder beneath her breast, and she looks into the woman’s face as Hotaru looks into her own too, and she can’t stop the tears that fall. Auni steps closer, now, inspecting the woman with a quiet sniff of interest, not finding her a threat for Kiada, finding that the woman must have been someone long gone and returned. And there’s a happiness that shifts between Luxere to person, that causes Kiada to smile when Hotaru calls her her firebird.

That’s what she was, and would be. Forever.

But the next comment hurts deep, and she lowers her face to Hotaru’s chest, to bury her face into the folds of the pale fabric of her dress, knowing that it’s a promise that cannot be kept. Because everyone leaves eventually. Everyone leaves her eventually, and she’s tentatively trying to grasp at the straws to keep near. But her hands tremble, and her words aren’t quite strong enough. Still, she appreciates the vow, eyes shuttering against her aunt before she realizes Auni has closed the door to give them some privacy, and she pulls back reluctantly (because she wants nothing more than to curl up in Hotaru’s arms and sleep her life away, tangled and curled up in the other woman’s pale arms) to search Hotaru’s face again.

I… I have a couch, that might be more comfortable…” She announces baldly, eyes shadowed and somewhat haunted, but still her at the idea. Some place more comfortable to ask about the traversing of where she had tried to find her. Because gods she’s been searching everywhere for them too. And subconsciously, she prays.

’You’re here, you’re back, you’re mine. Please don’t ever leave me again.’
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: you are the best thing that's (n)ever been mine - by Kiada - 08-30-2019, 05:12 AM