you are the best thing that's (n)ever been mine
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HOTARU
Even here, so recently reunited, Hotaru can see the pain that Kiada wears like chains. They drag her down beneath the turbulent waters, breathless and yearning helplessly for the stormy horizon, if only for the modicum of respite it offers. It hurts to see her struggling so clearly, in a way she never wore it in their homeland. Bare, plain, worn on her sleeve instead of concealed in her mind the way she and Rexanna always had. The Valkyrie regrets nothing more than that, that their lifestyle had led their children down that path of reticence and stealth simply because they could not always be so honest in public. It had taught them to hide what should never be hidden from family, and though Hotaru does not regret the strength it gave them, she does regret that they learned to hide it from their loved ones as well as the ones who would seek to harm them.

Here, in this land where softness is so much more prevalent, where war and ruin is a thing of  rarity instead of the start of a new week, she hopes that she can reverse the damage. Starting here, with her hands in Kiada's hair and her entire body offered up in support of the crumbling woman before her. A steady rock, a pillar of womanhood, a mother and aunt and sister as needed. Hotaru had years of experience fitting into different molds to match what was required, and she would welcome the task wholeheartedly if it helped her niece heal from the memories of their war-torn home and whatever new wounds had been inflicted upon her in this new land.

A quick glance is spared for her beloved's companion, a smile of pride and welcome, before her hand lifts to gently wipe the tears from Kiada's cheek. Her face is soft and motherly, understanding and free of judgment. More than anything else, Hotaru is and forever will be a safe place for the firebird. A home, a hiding place, a healing space. So when Kiada's face pinches with agony and dips towards her clavicle, Hotaru brings her in and lets her hide in space between her arms, against her breast where all children found their way back. Shushes her softly and nonsensically, running her hand over her hair. Hotaru doesn't know what to soothe, what to say, but words have little meaning here.

A grateful glance - for what it's worth, unsure of the creature's intellect here - is spared for the deerlike creature as the door is shut and privacy awarded. Smiles encouragingly at Kiada, her strangled words taken in quickly. "Of course dear," she says simply, wrapping her arm around Kiada's waist and guiding her confidently forward into the house. The outline of the couch is easy to spot even in the darkened room, and the Valkyrie eases her niece down upon its cushions before alighting beside her. She presses their sides together from knee to hip, keeping her arm around the firechild's back and tucking her in, encouraging her to lean into Hotaru's side. Regardless of size, Kiada will always be a child to her, and deserved to feel encased and protected.

Hotaru's free hand rises to gently turn Kiada's face to her, eyes sweeping over her beautiful countenance for a silent moment before smiling weakly. "I don't have words to describe how happy I am to see you, or how beautiful and strong you have grown to be." Though she'd never say it aloud for fear of upsetting the child, she is the spitting image of Rexanna. Beautiful and fair, with the Elephant King's strength to her spine and shape. Truly gorgeous, just as she had been in Helovia, and Hotaru had expected no less.

"No matter what I've missed, know that I am as proud of you as a mother could be for her child," she states firmly, gently wiggling her hand with Kiada's chin still in her palm, just like she would when Kiada was a foal and she would shake her gently by the mane like a wolfmother. She can sense the trepidation, the unease, the secrets that lie in Kiada's ribcage, and seeks to cut it off at the pass. "And whatever has transpired here, whether you share it with me or conceal it, I will love and care for you regardless. Do you understand me?" Here her voice hardens slightly, brow rising. It is of vital importance that Kiada understands how beloved she is to Hotaru. That the Valkyrie will burn this entire world down without a single care for who inhabits it if the firechild gives the word. Nothing could change her opinion of Kiada, nor diminish her love in any amount.
i'm the little lightning girl
living electricity
a lightning bolt in human form
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: you are the best thing that's (n)ever been mine - by Hotaru - 09-01-2019, 02:55 AM