strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Wessex’s comment about their need to keep working was obvious, so Loren simply nodded in response. Somehow, it didn’t surprise him in the slightest that Zariah had been the one to build a prison: she ruled through power and coercion, and it had probably never have occurred to her that there were other, gentler, ways of securing loyalty than by threatening people with bars. Besides, the Launceleyns loved their walls and cells, except for Loren for obvious reasons.

Well, she was gone, and they had a chance to build a new kingdom from the ashes she’d left behind. ”I can go with you, if you feel it would be useful. I...have some thoughts about how I might lure those afflicted with the blight, with no harm to anyone. Obviously I’d only try it if their condition worsens.” It would require a summon that the Launceleyn had never called before, both because he feared its powers and because he was disgusted by the way it could ensnare the minds of others. However, desperate times called for desperate measures.

Shaking his head at her questions regarding the manor, the summoner poured over all the conversations he’d had since returning. ”I think it is mostly a function of bad memories and fear that she might return at any moment.” Hesitating, he added, ”There are also hidden doors that she forced Remi to make, but the two of us are taking care of that, and I don’t think anyone other than the two of us, or maybe Ronin, even knows about those. And Remi assured me no one can stumble upon them by accident and nothing can get in or out." At least that was one thing the queen didn’t need to worry about.

After Wessex finished speaking, he regarded her for a long moment, then gave her a tiny smile and swept into a bow even deeper than the first. ”Crystal, your highness.” While she might not like it, the Launceleyn believed that a bit of formality was called for, given what he was about to say next. ”And that was all, your majesty. Thank you for listening to the musings of a man who has had too much time to think and worry as of late. I am ever at your service, should you have need of me.” Straightening up, he snorted out a laugh. ”Sorry. Habit. I was always taught that pledging fealty required a bit of ceremony.” This woman, regardless of his remaining concerns and what others might think of her, was someone he would be proud to follow.

Hesitating, then, he ran a hand through his hair. He should probably have just quit while he was ahead and not dead, but from what the alchemist had told the summoner, it seemed Wessex and Ronin could use all the help they could get. And, if the queen accepted it, there was indeed more that Loren could do. ”I’m pretty sure the last person you want to take advice from is a Launceleyn, especially one you don’t know. But...I was speaking to Remi, and it sounds like, especially with Ronin’s...condition, you could use someone who could at least help you set up, well, offices and paperwork, and whatever else a fledgling kingdom might need. I used to run a library, so I know a little bit about organizing large amounts of information. And I am more than happy to serve in any support capacity you feel might be useful.” It was hardly his most coherent set of thoughts, but hopefully Wessex understands.
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
RE: strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 12:05 AM