strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

My, he’s making himself useful, isn’t he? Is the first thought, the one that comes after he seems to pledge fealty is far more surprising. Wessex is pleased. And slightly taken aback. But also quite… reassured that this man, Launceleyn even though he is, chooses to follow her. Bright, indeed, she thinks to her Lady. It’s the first indication that she can do this.

“Words are nice,” she concedes. “But actions are better. Hold me to my promises and I’ll hold you to yours.” And just like that, she’s accepted it and is moving on. Back to the problems at hand. His offer to help her organize information isn’t ignored so much as re-prioritized in the conversation. The Queen also wants more time to think about it; logically, it makes sense. She needs help during the day (strong as the Wraith is, even she needs to sleep) and Loren seems to have the ears and tongues of many. A man like that could be useful, but also dangerous. She doesn’t want to let him know too much, perhaps because she still has difficulty trusting that he won’t turn his back on them when Zariah comes back.

The Voice said to trust that she had a plan; Wessex has come to the conclusion that Zariah is part of the eyes and getting places plan. She hasn’t disappeared. She’ll be back. So the Ascended Queen needs to have a firm support system in place in order to keep the throne. Either that or she needs to be as strong as fuck.

“Good to know. Thank you for taking care of that. Every time we dismember some of her creations it feels like a step in the right direction,” she adds, continuing on in a frank manner. “We give her too much power. Talk about her like the boogeyman, when the reality is that if we’d all accepted that someone might get hurt and rebelled at once, we probably could have easily overwhelmed her and taken her down. And I think she knew that, which is why she built this fucking fortress. To hide behind.”  She considers the walls and wonder what they would say if they could talk. “It can’t fall back into her hands,” she says matter-of-factly. Not fearfully, because Wessex isn’t afraid of Zariah any more. But the woman thinks she’s smarter than she is and doesn’t appear to have any limits, which makes her dangerous.

Remi can’t fall back into her hands.

“I’ll seriously consider your offer, though I think any serious improvements will have to wait until after LongNight. In the meantime, if you hear something important or time-sensitive please send me a message. I’m almost finished with my place… it’s the ivy-covered, two-story one by the Bakery. Nowhere near as big as this, but could also be used as a sanctuary for LongNight.” If she were mortal, this is where she might be pinching her nose bridge to try and prevent an oncoming headache. ”Anyway, let’s hear your ideas for the Prison,” she says and gestures for the man to proceed. Might as well, while she’s here.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here

Messages In This Thread
RE: strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff - by Wessex - 09-06-2019, 04:05 PM