strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
At Wessex’s comment that words were all well and good, but they paled in comparison to actions, Loren nodded. ”I can do that.” And he would, indeed, do everything within his power to fulfill all the promises and pledges he found himself making lately. However, if he failed—or if he needed help—he now knew it was better to admit that fact than keep everything to himself. Though if he was being truly honest, he probably would only hold the queen to her promises about keeping everyone safe. After all, that was the only one that really mattered.

Although she didn’t take him up on his offer to help her set up at least a rudimentary organization, the Launceleyn hadn’t really expected her to. Still, Wessex now knew that she could call upon him for that if it became necessary. ”You’re welcome, though I would’ve done it regardless. I have no interest in putting up any more walls between the Launceleyns and the rest of the world.” He fell silent as Wessex spoke about how they’d responded to Zariah’s power grab. Though he agreed with the queen’s assessment of the situation, he wasn’t going to voice that. He only replied when Wessex spoke about Zariah’s return. ”It won’t. I’ll make sure of that.” Even if his cousin was stronger than he was in a lot of ways, Loren was not weak. And he was willing to raze this manor to the ground and build something that was an actual home if that’s what it took.

As the queen kept speaking, the summoner inclined his head. At least she was considering his proposals, which was all he could really ask for. ”I will. And if you need help finishing your home, let me know.” That was actually an offer he could probably follow through on. While Loren was physically weak, his summons were definitely not. When Wessex asked him about his ideas for the prison, however, he hesitated, an extremely uncomfortable expression coming over him. He rubbed his hands together anxiously, not sure if he should say anything just yet.

Thankfully, he was spared from having to respond just yet because a bat flew into the room from deeper within the Manor. Loren eyed it warily, but all it did was give a startled squeak at the sight of them before flitting to a corner to hang upside down. Weirdly, it then started to hum to itself. Honestly, it was kinda cute. ”Huh. That’s new.”

Shaking his head, Loren turned his attention back to Wessex. ”Sorry. Right. The prison. I uh...well. It’s less to do with the prison itself and more to do with the blighted. I can summon a siren. Probably. Supposedly anyone who hears its song it supposed to be enthralled. I don’t know if it’ll work on the blighted though, but if it does it’s a non-lethal way to lure them to a specific location.” While he knew that he was speaking less than eloquently, the summoner was deeply uncomfortable even bringing up the possibility: it was too close to the mind games his illusionist family used to play on him. However, they were desperate.
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
RE: strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 04:55 PM