strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Well, the bats weren’t dangerous, which was a relief. Loren didn’t respond to the obvious confusion in Wessex's voice: the summoner knew, better than most, that even the smallest of creatures could be deadly. As the queen thanked him, however, the Launceleyn shook his head. ”Don’t thank me. You’re in charge. My time is yours.” That had always been the way it had been with his family. Or at least it had before they came to Caido and until Zariah had gone mad with power and pride.

However, when Wessex accused Loren of being embarrassed, he hugged himself. While it was true, it probably wasn't for the reasons she thought. Frankly, Loren didn't care who Edy had slept with. Heck, he'd slept with Edy once upon a time in another world. But his embarrassed stemmed from another place entirely than his cousin's choice of partners. ”I’m not. That’s not...I just…” He sighed, struggling to find a way to articulate what was on his mind. Closing his eyes, his voice came out in a whisper. ”I failed her. And...I wasn’t there at the end. When she needed me. Or before that. So I guess I just...wanted to talk to someone who was.” Someone who would be able to tell him what had been underneath Edy's blustery exterior. It was stupid and selfish and the queen had every right to tell him to fuck off and leave.
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
RE: strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff - by Loren - 09-12-2019, 10:52 PM