Personal Quest Hammer and Forge
Repairing an old forge for Tristan’s smithy.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759

The door was not the right size, but honestly Remi would have been surprised if it was. Nothing around here seemed particularly standardized. He'd had to make alterations to his own doors and windows and even the lock most recently (that had required a bit of magic, but Remi thought he could probably sort this out himself).

Creating a small piece of chalk, Remi made several markings on the door as he lined it up with the frame. Humming softly to himself, he picked up the door and went out into the yard where a saw-horse had already been set up. Glancing around for a saw to use (this took a few minutes), the alchemist located one and went back to his project. Now Remi was no real carpenter, but he was studious and clever. Using several rocks to hold the door in place, Remi dexterously sawed through the wood where he had made his markings. Measure twice cut once they said, but Remi would prefer just to do everything only once, albeit quite diligently.

Twitching his lips from side to side as he moved the blade back and forth, Remi proceeded carefully but quickly to ensure that his cuts were straight and not jagged. Confident that he'd cut to his specifications, the alchemist lifted the door off of the stands and moved back towards the frame. If it proved that he'd made the right calculations, he would create two metal hinges for the door to sit against and began to actually fit the door properly into the frame.

remi
Every now and then the things I lean on lose their meaning
And I find myself careening in places where I should not let me go
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
Hammer and Forge - by Tristan - 11-23-2018, 11:02 PM
RE: Hammer and Forge - by Deimos - 11-24-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: Hammer and Forge - by Remi - 11-24-2018, 03:14 AM
RE: Hammer and Forge - by Tristan - 11-25-2018, 02:48 AM
RE: Hammer and Forge - by Remi - 11-25-2018, 03:04 AM
RE: Hammer and Forge - by Deimos - 11-25-2018, 09:57 PM
RE: Hammer and Forge - by Tristan - 01-08-2019, 12:52 AM
RE: Hammer and Forge - by Remi - 01-08-2019, 08:54 PM
RE: Hammer and Forge - by Deimos - 01-09-2019, 10:53 PM