Grasping After Light
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
Я
Loren's cheerful greeting would have made the hawk wince, if indeed he was capable of it in this form. With a dull chirp to Isuma, the hawk stepped off of the branch, elegantly transforming into the alchemist in time for him to hit the ground in an easy crouch and rise. To say there were bags beneath Remi's eyes would have been an understatement, though the paleness of his gaze only accented his exhaustion. There was little warmth or joy in his face as their normally was, and his posture was slumped and defeated. Crossing his arms across his chest he looked towards Jigano. Unshifted as they were, the tether between them was still there, the darkness nearly tangible. For all that had happened between the two men, Remi thought he'd never been more like the bard than he was in that moment.

"The blight seems to be entirely dark. Luxere repel the dark." Remi replied in a near toneless voice, with a glance towards Loren. Rubbing at one of his eyes, he sighed. "And no, it cannot be that." Squeezing his eyes shut, he thought of all the times Ronin had bled on him, all the times fluids had been exchanged, and merely shook his head. "I have had blighted blood in my system, and I am still fine." With a tired shrug, the alchemist leaned against the tree. "Phoebe is blighted as well." It was all the energy he had to give to defend his friend.

Looking towards the Sage, Remi pulled in a breath and slowly let it out, his eyes lowering. "I went to see Ianto, about the charm and Arduinna." He said in a voice unusually rough and thickly accented. "The charm is tethered directly to her lifeblood. It is that power that protects Aoife. Much as I would give my own life for hers, I doubt my soul has that sort of strength." Rather than punctuating this with a boyish chuckle, the alchemist merely scowled at the soil. "As for the luxere light..you might as well ask me to create a spark bird feather." This too was said with bitter defeat.

Remi glanced at the luxere, wanting to feel warmed by its presence but not being able to manage it. Other than Auni, the last luxere he'd seen had been the one that guided him to Isla. Well. Isla's body. "It looks good." He murmured with a half-hearted glance towards Loren. Kneeling down towards one of the plants, the alchemist stretched his fingers out. New growth bloomed instantly and for a moment it seemed as though the blighted portions would indeed be transmuted out. Smiling despite himself, suddenly Remi was violently cast backwards, doing a full reverse somersault from the force of something unseen. The plant was now entirely blighted and black, and the alchemist was seeing stars.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 08-31-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 08-31-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-01-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-01-2019, 11:12 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-01-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-02-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-02-2019, 12:54 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-02-2019, 01:31 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-02-2019, 01:59 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-02-2019, 02:54 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-02-2019, 11:33 AM