Grasping After Light
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Remi did not look good, and Loren gave his maybe friend a concerned look. But Jigano said nothing, so perhaps it would be best for the summoner to stay silent as well. The Launceleyn didn’t know what the relationship between the bard and the alchemist was; whatever it might be, though, Loren would rather pull Remi aside after this to chat than say anything in front of the white-haired man. So the Launceleyn bit his tongue for now.

Seeing as Loren didn’t know anything about the luxere, he’d trust Remi’s judgment that their light could banish the dark. However, the alchemist mentioned that Phoebe was sick, and the summoner looked chagrined. ”Right. Sorry. I should’ve mentioned her condition, but Jigano already knew. Still, guess we’re back to knowing nothing about how it spreads.” At least it meant Loren probably wouldn’t have to do regular animal testing in addition to magical animal testing. When the bard mentioned his blood was changing, the Launceleyn gave him a curious look. ”Uh...if you don’t mind me asking, changing how?” Any little bit of information might prove useful.

As for the explanation of the amulet, Loren followed along as best he could without knowing pretty much any of the actors involved. Still, the Launceleyn thought he understood the gist of it. Seeing as the bard covered most of what the summoner was going to say anyway, Loren just added a short comment of his own. ”While I agree with Jigano that your soul is plenty strong enough, let’s keep the sacrificing to a minimum, just, you know, the absolutely necessary ones maybe?” It was terrible to see both of the others in such dark moods, especially as it meant Loren was the one who had to keep their spirits up. Loren didn’t really do cheerful or fun. ”Well, we’re not asking you, we’re asking me, so stand back and prepare to be amazed.”

Luckily, he was actually able to follow through on that statement, what with the successful summoning and all that. Actually grinning at the interaction between the griffin and the luxere, though the Launceleyn’s smile slipped away at Remi’s less than enthusiastic response. ”Hey, this is good news, right? I can store the spell in one of the amulets, if you have one to spare, and then you can summon it, or the spark bird if it works.” Jigano, on the other hand, was appropriately impressed, and the summoner dismissed the luxere then pointed at the bard while staring at the alchemist. ”See, why can’t you be more like him?” Again, while it was understandable that Jigano and Remi weren’t as excited as Loren was—both at this new development in his magic and at the fact that they had a weapon in the fight against the monsters—it didn’t mean that the alchemist had to be acting as he was.

Then Remi flew the air, and the summoner immediately regretted his comment. Springing to his feet, Loren was right on Jigano’s heels, healing magic roiling in his head and hands, ready to be unleashed. However, despite every instinct calling out to the summoner to fix whatever might be wrong with the alchemist, the Launceleyn somehow found the strength not to cast a spell just then. If they were going to continue testing, he’d need to conserve his strength, and the other man was strong, far stronger than Loren was at the moment. ”Remi, can you talk to me? Tell me where it hurts. I can heal you if you absolutely need it.” Even as he spoke, he knelt down, checking Remi’s breathing and pulse, before trying to see how the alchemist’s eyes looked. It would be hard, given their state, but hopefully the other man would be responsive. If not, however, Loren would heal him, future testing or not.

Messages In This Thread
Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 08-31-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 08-31-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-01-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-01-2019, 11:12 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-01-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-02-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-02-2019, 12:54 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-02-2019, 01:31 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-02-2019, 01:59 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-02-2019, 02:54 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-02-2019, 11:33 AM