Grasping After Light
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
There didn’t seem to be much else to say on the thickening body fluids, though Loren tucked it away with the other information he had on the blight. None of it made sense, but it painted interesting almost whole pictures in his head. When Jigano offered himself as a test subject, the Launceleyn nodded, mind still going through his lexicon of summons. ”At least trying to heal an Ascended is easy. I’ll let you know how it goes.” If that worked, at least they would know the race could be healed. And if they could be healed, maybe the monsters could be too. Again, seeing as the summoner was totally out of his depth with The Voice and negating Ascended, he stayed quiet, especially given the way both men were acting.

Then of course they went from hovering over Remi to being sent away from the fallen alchemist. ”I don’t know that further magical tests would be advisable, after that reaction. At least let’s wait until we have access to somewhere safe and with medical supplies on hand. I know that’s what you’re suggesting, I’m just saying I wouldn’t necessarily want to participate after that display.” Although Remi’s symptoms sounded bad, there wasn’t much Loren could do about it.  Concern made his tongue perhaps a bit sharper than he intended it to be. ”I’d need to touch him to heal him, and he doesn’t sound particularly open to that. And if I try without permission he’ll probably go manticore or squash me with his magic. Besides, I didn't come all the way out here to stop halfway. So here’s what’s going to happen.” The Launceleyn fixed the fallen alchemist with the summoner's most authoritative stare. Given that he’d picked it up from Zariah, it was pretty good.

”I am going to summon the Spark Bird, just to confirm that I can. Then, with whatever magic I have left, I am going to heal you. Then we are going to go back to the Hollowed Grounds, where you will see an actual healer, where you will not complain as they poke and prod you. No arguments, because I really don’t want Ronin to take my head off for getting you hurt on my watch. If you try to stop me, I will somehow find the power within me to make something big and smelly sit on you.” Turning away from the other two men, Loren unsheathed his belt knife and sliced his left palm. He didn’t know if blood increased the potency of his magic in Caido, the way it had in Northaven, but at this point he could use every ounce of energy he could get.

Squeezing his hand to make the blood pool, he concentrated, drawing upon the magic that was uniquely, totally his. Then, he tossed the blood into the air.

And where it rose, so did the Spark Bird: majestic, huge, and so bright that Loren had to shade his eyes. Its powerful and enormous wings were tipped with fire, and sparks fell from its feathers. Normally, Loren would feel a sense of triumph for summoning such a magnificent creature, especially given what it represented, but at the moment all enjoyment was sapped due to concern for the librarian's stubborn and hurting friend. Making sure to keep the Spark Bird hovering over the actual water—the last thing the summoner wanted at this point was a fire—he turned to Jigano and Remi for confirmation that it's what they were looing for. Assuming it matched their memories of the bird, he’d banish it, already feeling the strain of two powerful summons in such a short period of time. However, if he had even a small pool of magic left, he’d hurry over to Remi, who hopefully wouldn’t lash out again. If the alchemist did, however, it wasn’t like Loren could stop him

Messages In This Thread
Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 08-31-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 08-31-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-01-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-01-2019, 11:12 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-01-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-02-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-02-2019, 12:54 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-02-2019, 01:31 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Remi - 09-02-2019, 01:59 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Jigano - 09-02-2019, 02:54 AM
RE: Grasping After Light - by Loren - 09-02-2019, 11:33 AM