bread true
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
When Amalia responded that Jyoti was outside, Loren nodded. While he was still curious just what Jyoti was, it could certainly wait until she showed up. ”I’m looking forward to meeting her.” Astra, having finished the sugar cubes, looked up and gave the baker a pleading look that the summoner was becoming quite familiar with. It made him smile to see it turned on someone else.

Ludo apparently was not necessarily trustworthy. Filing away that information for later, the Launceleyn shrugged. ”I guess I should’ve said believable. Or maybe reputable?” Giving her an awkward smile, the summoner wondered whether or not to admit his ignorance regarding the gods. It probably couldn’t hurt. ”I wouldn’t know. I’ve never met it. Never met any of the gods.” It made him sad—and more than a little annoyed—because even though he knew the divine beings were dangerous, it also hurt to think that they had Abandoned him and his kind.

Amalia’s explanation of the amulets and her shield wasn’t entirely clear, but before the Launceleyn could ask for more details she suggested they go to the garden. As Astra came back for a head rub (which he obvious obliged), he nodded, then waited patiently for her to fetch her items and lead the way outside. However, when she asked what he had learned, he gave her a startled look. ”How much time do you have?” He chuckled briefly, before he fell silent and considered what to tell her. Despite his joke, he figured it was probably best just to tell her everything. ”Well, as I said, I learned that I am one man who is vastly ignorant, and can and should rely on others when needed.” That one was obvious. ”I have learned that the gods have a plan to deal with the blight, and we all must do our part, myself included. And I have also learned that the blighted will not make that easy.” The encounter with Ronin at the Spire and the red-headed woman by the luxere had proven that.

There was more, though, so he kept speaking. ”I have learned what the monsters of LongNight are, and what they once were, and how to help keep those in the Hollowed Grounds and beyond safe from them.” He could have kicked himself for that slip of the tongue—Remi and Jigano had probably told him the origins of the monsters in confidence—but it was too late now, and besides, Amalia didn’t seem to be the crazed 'kill all the Ascended without just cause' type.

However, Loren was not done yet, although he knew this next part would be tricky. ”I have learned a little of what you all suffered under Zariah’s rule, though not everything. Still, what I’ve heard is bad enough, and I am fully committed to standing against her if she ever returns.” He gave her a chagrined look. ”But I have also learned that the wounds she inflicted will take time to heal, and I cannot force them to the way my healing magic can do with physical wounds.” It was a hard and bitter pill for him to swallow, but an important one.

Now, he finally fell silent. There was more he’d learned, but it was personal and he didn’t wish to burden Amalia with those details.
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
bread true - by Loren - 09-02-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: bread true - by Amalia - 09-03-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: bread true - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 06:12 PM
RE: bread true - by Amalia - 09-03-2019, 06:37 PM
RE: bread true - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: bread true - by Amalia - 09-04-2019, 03:28 AM
RE: bread true - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 11:25 AM
RE: bread true - by Amalia - 09-05-2019, 12:38 PM
RE: bread true - by Loren - 09-05-2019, 02:38 PM
RE: bread true - by Amalia - 09-08-2019, 03:29 PM