check up
For Evie
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
Evie grins at the expectant stare from the luxere, graciously stepping closer to let her hands fall upon the soft fur to scratch and pet to Astra's contentment. It brings her peace, though she's not surprised. Whether the creature is using its powers or not, it is soothing just to interact with animals at all. She looks up from caressing the adorable ears and arched neck at Loren's serious tone. The twitch of his mouth belies his true feelings, but she can't overlook the implication of the truth beneath. "Don't worry, I'm infamous for my ridiculous opinions. I'm sure it won't kill me to add you being kind to that list," she assures with a sly grin. Evie believes the opinion of the general masses is overrated, to say the least. She would judge Loren on her own time, in their own interactions. He'd have to deal with that as much as the vague "they" would have to as well. For all her proper upbringing, Evie wasn't exactly a rule-follower.

Then he turns the tables on her, comforting and gently chastising her in turn. There is familiarity there, a sense of understanding that softens her face and brings her vulnerability to the surface where it so rarely sees the light of day. "Thank you," she says softly instead, because there's little else to say. Her parallel perfectionism would not let her forget, but it did soothe the sting of her blindness with Abasi to hear him speak the words aloud. Instead she gives him a little smile, but one that is far more sincere than any of her previous ones.

"Oh yes, I've seen how it starts I just haven't treated anyone for it directly. Lethargy, chills, undue irritation or moodswings. Some seem to experience what appears to be normal winter sickness, coughs and wet noses. Others seem discomfit with their own bodies, phantom sensations. Does that help?" Part of her is curious what his aim is. Was he researching the Blight as Phoebe had? Or merely looking out for his own flock, in hopes they would all make it through the season without the affliction? Still, it's not truly her business, no matter how kind and accepting he'd been with her previous questions. If he has further questions for her, he will ask it, and she will answer. Simple.

When the drink is ready and handed off, she waves her fingers idly to dismiss his thanks. "It's no problem, I'm glad to help him as much as I can." She still yelps softly in surprise at his magic, unable to hide the raw, almost hungry awe in her gaze. It is a freedom she does not allow herself, and his practiced motions, his easy summoning of the objects, hurts her in ways she knows she cannot heal from. Not for many, many years to come. If ever she is able to come to terms with her Abandoned nature. Instead she reaches out a gentle hand to trace along the lip of the jar, marveling at its perfect replication, the sturdiness beneath her fingertips. Evie scarcely hears what he says, turning her dazzled eyes to him only when his voice peters out.

"Thank you, this is...truly helpful, you didn't have to go to such lengths. But it was beautiful to witness," comes out softly at the tail end, perhaps a note of longing in her voice if he were to listen carefully. She distracts herself by picking up the jars to place them with the others standing empty and waiting, brushing her palms over them as she puts them in place. She wouldn't deny his gift, not when social grace dictated it was an equal trade in his eyes, but the gesture impacted her nonetheless.

The maiden turns with a soft sigh of understanding at the mention of Phoebe. "Yes, that's...a rather unfortunate turn of events. As I understand she put up a notice about professors, however. Perhaps you can seek them out? I didn't put my name to the task, but you're always welcome here for questions. Or company," she offers with a wink, though there is nothing romantic about her implication. The apothecary was not as well-visited as the College, it at times grew lonely. Evie had enjoyed his presence, even if it had been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster on her side.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
check up - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 12:56 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-04-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-08-2019, 09:32 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:42 PM