check up
For Evie
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Astra closed her eyes with pleasure and gave a contented bleat as Evie began to pet the luxere. Loren grinned at the sight. ”Well you’ve made a friend for life. And you’ve got quite a knack for this. You should come out and feed the herds when they arrive in earnest.” Right now, there were a few full-sized luxere, but not nearly enough for LongNight, and Loren seemed to be the only one qualified to go out there and coax them closer to the Hollowed Grounds. It was a stark reminder of the dangers they were facing, and his smile faltered at the thought.

However, it returned when the healer spoke about her reputation and his kindness. He wasn’t sure about either of those statements. Running a sheepish hand through his hair, he shrugged. ”I don’t know about any of that to be honest. First, the only thing I heard about you was your healing ability. Second, if people start hearing that I’m kind from you, they might worry that you’ve taken a blow to the head.” Loren was infamous for many things in the Hollowed Grounds, but being nice wasn’t one of them. Polite and courteous yes, and helpful, but kindness seemed to be beyond him. ”But thank you for saying so anyway.”

”You’re welcome.” Although he wasn’t really sure what she was thinking at the moment, the Launceleyn hoped that she would take his words to heart. He was certainly listening to everything she had to say about the blight. He nodded when she finished. ”It does, thank you.” Those were admittedly disparate and seemingly unrelated symptoms, but at least he had some idea what to look for.

He was about to respond to her comment about helping however she could when she made a startled sound as he created the jars. Giving her a curious look that quickly turned to embarrassed at the look in her eyes and the sound of her voice he shrugged. ”Oh. Uh...thank you. But really, it was nothing, especially considering all the work you did to make the medicine.” Honestly, the minor effort of will and the tiny amount of energy he’d expended (which would come back on its own rather easily) was a small price to pay. And he still wasn’t used to people praising him for his magic, after such a long period of his family ridiculing it.

Holding the full jar in his hands, Loren’s brow furrowed as Evie spoke about the college. At least the red-headed healer seemed to know about Phoebe’s condition, so the summoner wouldn't have to explain that mess. Regardless, he would take a look to see who the other professors might be. ”I might just take you up on the offer of information and company, so thank you. Though I will confess that I’m curious to know why you didn’t sign up as a professor yourself, I’ll definitely see who else might be available to teach me, so thanks again.” Evie seemed far too knowledgeable to be a student if she did end up wanting to join.
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
check up - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 12:56 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-04-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-08-2019, 09:32 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-11-2019, 09:08 AM