Two Sides of the Same Coin
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
All is fair in love and war
bloodshed in velvet shades
as battles burn, but one remains
they call her Queen of Blades
Roana looked at the ground as she knelt, thinking on Amalia’s question. ”Because…I felt it was the right thing to do.” she said with a shrug, setting down the rose and her sword to pull out a small hand shovel from the pack she carried. ”This is your home and people respect you. I’m an outsider and always will be…and even though you told me to do something to help…I wanted you to know why I am doing this even if you can’t condone it based on your alignment.” she said.

She fell silent then, beginning to dig into the earth. Though it was frozen, she was plenty strong enough to make the shovel break through the dirt to make a decent sized hole for the rose to sit in.

The former captain glanced at her as she spoke again, of how easy it is to murder in the name of good. Her lips purse briefly, as she set the rose into the ground. ”Maybe it is, if you don’t think on it too hard, or if your moral compass is off or you’re otherwise deranged.” she said softly. But after countless battles, after all the lives she had taken, there were very few she could think of where she couldn’t make an argument for why killing them had been wrong. Roana placed the flower in the dirt, carefully covering its roots with the loose soil. ”But I don’t think it is so easy. You look into someone’s eyes and thrust a blade between their ribs, and you watch the light of life fade from their eyes. You watch every moment they might have had – every child they might’ve made, every love the might’ve had, every adventure they might’ve taken, every mistake or triumph they might’ve made – you watch it all suddenly disappear, lost forever, never to be realized. Life cut short, because of decisions made by others or well before that moment. Things both within and without their control. It is a terrible thing, to do something so wrong for all the right reasons.” she sighed, blue eyes staring at her hands, hands that had taken the lives of countless people, in the name of protecting her home and family and people.

A melancholy smile curved her lips and she looked over at the baker again. ”Death, I think, is probably the most misunderstood force in the world, and those who enact it lightly understand it the least. I hope you never have to understand any of this, and so long as I am around, you and others shouldn’t have to.”
ROANA
This table brought to you with considerable help from Sky and Odd!

Messages In This Thread
Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Roana - 09-03-2019, 12:30 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Amalia - 09-03-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Roana - 09-03-2019, 08:58 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Amalia - 09-03-2019, 11:03 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Roana - 09-04-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Amalia - 09-04-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Roana - 09-04-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Amalia - 09-05-2019, 06:14 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Roana - 09-05-2019, 08:18 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Amalia - 09-05-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Roana - 09-05-2019, 10:00 PM