{SWE}First Step From Darkness
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
It seemed that Renaud had spoken to someone before Loren, which would make this process significantly easier. Despite his recent spate of helping people through the transition, he still felt that a single wrong word would make the experience so much worse than it already was. ”Yes, I did. I did mean that. And that’s the most important aspect. I promise it’s not all bad, though.” The summoner gestured at the Rose that the other man was planting, which was beautiful even in the dark, especially against the snow. ”I don’t know about you, but we didn’t have wonders like this in my old world.” Well, actually, they probably had, but Loren hadn’t gotten to see most of it, just the horrors.

Nodding at Renaud’s first question, Loren tilted his head at the next set of them. ”I was compelled to plant them as well, yes. As for benevolent, well…” The Launceleyn hesitated, wondering how much to say, then ran a nervous hand through his hair. ”That’s a complicated question. Some of them are, some of the time, though that depends on who you are. It’s...well, it’s better to say that some of them are on your side. Though their own agendas and natures always come first and foremost.” That probably wasn’t what the other man wanted to hear, but it was the truth.

Sighing, Loren glanced down at his own Rose. ”I’m not really an expert on the subject, to be honest. They...they don’t like me or my kind that much.” Giving Renaud a considering look, the summoner decided that given how little the other man knew about the deities of Caido, he likely also didn’t know much about the races and how they were perceived by the divine beings. ”That because I’m an Abandoned. I was born with magic that comes from within me and not any divine source. The gods don’t like me or the other Abandoned. Hence the name. Abandoned by the gods.” Explaining that always left a bitter taste in his mouth, but educating Renaud was more important.

Although Loren had never met the gods, he’d been doing a lot of reading about them, since he wasn’t going to be able to get the information directly from the source and those who might teach him were far to busy with much more important matters. ”There are Accepted, who are beloved by all gods, again, hence the name. Then there are the Attuned. They can shift into animals, and the old gods favor them.” Loren paused before listing the last race (well, that mattered for this conversation). ”Finally, there are Ascended, who are favorites of the new gods.” Idly, Loren wondered if anyone had explained to Renaud that he himself was one of the Ascended. If not, the Launceleyn would do his best despite his highly limited knowledge of the race.

At the final question from the other man, Loren felt his heart go out to Renaud. It was something the summoner might have asked, and it certainly endeared the other man to the Launceleyn. The summoner smiled as reassuringly as possible. ”Yes. I can promise you that you are doing good.” Loren probably should’ve just told the whole story to Renaud to begin with. Though the Launceleyn was trying to protect the other man, in his shoes the summoner would’ve wanted to know everything. ”There is a blight that is targeting many in the Hollowed Grounds and beyond, and even threatening the plants and animals of the Greatwood, the forest you’re in now. I’m not sure how, or why, but planting the Roses is supposed to somehow heal everyone and everything of the disease.” At least, that was the vague sense Loren had gotten from the gods who’d planted the flowers when he’d visited the shrine.

Glancing up at the night sky, Loren hugged himself as a chill wind sprang up. Just because Renaud was immune to the elements and untiring didn't mean the summoner was. "I know you probably don't mind the cold and the dark, but I'd rather not get trapped here overnight, and you don't want to be here come sunrise. Do you have a place to stay? If not, I live in a very big house with many empty bedrooms. You'd be doing me a favor by taking one." The Launceleyn had been making that offer quite often recently, but he meant it every time. Regardless, he probably should start heading back and hope that the woods wouldn't lead him astray.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
{SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-03-2019, 08:41 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 06:58 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-04-2019, 09:54 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-05-2019, 02:09 AM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-07-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 08:28 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-07-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:14 AM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-08-2019, 01:35 PM