{SWE}First Step From Darkness
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Loren just returned Renaud’s smile, not catching the other man’s slip of the tongue. Even if the summoner had, he probably wouldn’t have said anything. They all needed time to adjust, after all, and even now the Launceleyn found himself thinking of Northaven as his real home and Caido as this strange new world he barely knew. Of course, a lot of that had to do with his long mental breakdown. ”See? It’s not all bad.” There was just a lot of darkness out there, so finding the light and the good wherever possible was important. But Renaud could enjoy this one night, hopefully, without getting too worried about the horrors that lurked in the shadows.

The other man mostly stayed silent through the summoner’s long explanation, for which he was grateful. It would’ve been difficult enough to get through it all without answering questions, though Renaud no doubt had many. However, as an intensely curious person—sometimes to the point of recklessness—Loren could hardly fault others for that. Thankfully, the other man seemed to know exactly what he was, which spared the Launceleyn from having to tell Renaud what little Loren knew of the Ascended. ”I wish I could help you with that, but basically all I know about the new gods is that one of them is called The Voice." The rest of the information was pretty baseless accusations from someone with the blight, so the Launceleyn didn't exactly trust it

"One of the other Ascended could probably tell you more, though. I’d be happy to reach out to the ones I know, assuming you haven’t already met.” Of course, the only two Ascended the summoner knew personally were Wessex and Rexanna. And of those two, he’d definitely put Renaud in touch with Rexanna. It wasn’t that Wessex would be bad at explaining all this, per se, but rather that the queen had a lot to do, and Rexanna was a much friendlier and open person, and would probably put Renaud more at ease. So yes, actually, Wessex might be bad at explaining this. She was understandably less than patient with outsiders.

Luckily, the other man took the Launceleyn up on his offer to stay at the Manor. It was a relief to know that he’d at least have someone to walk him back. At night, an Ascended was probably the best traveling companion the summoner could ask for. However, when Renaud mentioned getting back, Loren gave the other man a sheepish grin. ”Well, to be honest, I don’t know that I’m much better at navigating these woods than you are. But hopefully we can figure it out together.” The summoner ran a nervous hand through his hair: although the Rose had guided them both to the Mathair, the Wildwood could often be fickle with outsiders. Granted, it usually wanted interlopers to leave, and seeing as they wanted to leave it might actually work out in their favor for once.

However, when Renaud addressed Loren with an honorific, he couldn’t help but chuckle. ”Oh no, none of that. I’m no sir, definitely not. Just Loren is fine.” He smiled at the other man, then gestured at the path leading away from the great tree that dominated the clearing. ”Shall we?” Assuming Renaud followed, the summoner would start walking, pleased at the evening’s developments.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
{SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-03-2019, 08:41 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 06:58 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-04-2019, 09:54 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-05-2019, 02:09 AM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-07-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 08:28 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-07-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:14 AM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-08-2019, 01:35 PM