Mini Event I'll love you just as long as time allows
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
and i'm a sorry sight to see
except the fact that you love me
After the disastrous beginning, people filed into their seats and it all began to look a bit more like how Bastien had imagined. Expectant, happy faces waiting for the same thing he was - the arrival of his bride. "Thank you, Remi. When Rexanna arrives, we will be ready."

First Loren came; not a long time accquaintance of Bastien's but anybody with magic was an easy fit into his life (the sheer performance of it was enough to warm him to anyone). He shook the man's hand and smiled. "Oh, were it just me. No, this wedding is a group effort. Credit must go to Rexanna and yourself and Kiada, and Remi, too. Rexanna told me she had even more helpers than that."

He did not recognise the man that came before Samuel, but gave him a warm smile anyway. The wedding invitation had been public so anyone could come, after all. He had wanted to celebrate his and Rexanna's union with as many as possible. Samuel he nodded to and privately wondered why it was he always had to be so awkward. He had never seen someone so in need of a drink and an orgy. Maybe some naked painting.

Lucas received the coldest welcome, Bastien hardly looking his way. He knew Rexanna had...forgiven? the man, but he could not. Still, he would not control who she saw or wanted at her wedding. He would just ignore him.

He did not notice Remi's fox friend (and would not have known who it was if he had), too distracted by the sudden squeeze of his shoulder. Turning to see his Goddess, he smiled wide and nodded. "Thank you, golden lady. I am honoured to see you chose to attend." To have a real God attend his wedding was something so wonderful he could not have dreamt the moment.

Wessex arrived, which surprised him a little but he supposed she was of the most dedicated among them. An appearance by the Voice before those other than her 'bright ones' was rare and he thought she might be here to see it, unaware of her and Rexanna's friendship.

Kiada had told him she had been forced into coming, but looking around he could not see her. Perhaps she had weaseled her way out after all; he would not take any offense. She could hardly be expected to be happy about this so shortly after meeting him and her own mother. It would come in time, he was sure.

Then suddenly none of it mattered anymore, for before him there was Rexanna. He hardly noticed Deimos she was so radiant, taking all attention that could be given to anyone else. A breath that could have been an amazed laugh was left him as he felt his eyes begin to fill with tears. Bastien was not a man prone to crying, but the sight of her so beautiful and gentle, smiling at him...it felt like an impossible wish come true. It took all of his strength to not run forward and embrace her.

Instead, he settled for reaching out to take her hand when she reached the altar and leaning in to whisper: "Rexanna, you are amazing. I love you." There was so much more to say, but...later. For now, he looked over to Remi and nodded. They could begin.
and all I lost along the way
Is all I had to lose to find this day
BASTIEN

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll love you just as long as time allows - by Bastien - 09-10-2019, 07:24 PM