Mini Event I'll love you just as long as time allows
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
and i'm a sorry sight to see
except the fact that you love me
Even with Rexanna stood there before him for more and more minutes, Bastien could hardly take in all of her radiance. The moment felt gold-lined, impossible, like the idea of a painting that could never come to fruition in the real work. Yet here she was, and here he was.

Remi's words were charming and sweet and it was hard not to smile. His first friend in Caido, a fitting person to bind him to his first (and hopefully, last) love here. "I promise all of that and more." He agreed with a laugh, though it was an easy enough vow; he could not hunger, he could hardly go a day without making some kind of sketch of Rexanna and as for muses? There were none that could compare. He had looked Goddesses in the face and not been as moved as when he saw Rexanna even just roll over in her sleep.

"Nothing will be broken but limits." Bastien whispered to the last question with a smirk on his lips. But the smile quickly turned far more genuine as Rexanna gave her own vows. The tears that had threatened him earlier certainly came close to returning. She made him laugh, squeeze her hands and almost surge forward to kiss her when she had done. But he held back, just about, and cleared his throat to say his own piece.

He had spent quite a long time writing it. It was different from Rexanna's, but that was what worked about them, wasn't it? The contrast as well as the similarities. "Rexanna. Had I the skill I would speak of all the love you have given me and that which I feel for you. But I do not think the words exist. I will be in eternal search of them until my dying day and for the time being we must make do with the most common phrase 'I love you', which as you say came to us rather...late." With a laugh, he stroked his thumbs along her hands then continued.

"I shall never tire of saying it, though. I love you. I love the intelligence with which you make every decision and the bravery with which you carry them out. The tenderness you put into every kiss. I love the way you lay your hand on my chest before we sleep, or the way you always seem to know what it is you're doing - we all know I never do." Looking towards the guests then her, he took a breath before beginning the final words.

"Never have I been a man for vows or commitments, but I take this one on whole-heartedly. I have never been so sure of anything as I am that I want to be your husband and for you to be my wife. Let them all know I have accomplished the most rewarding feat on earth, having Rexanna Reyes for a partner." With those words he lifted her hands to kiss at her fingers, then looked back to Remi.
and all I lost along the way
Is all I had to lose to find this day
BASTIEN

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll love you just as long as time allows - by Bastien - 09-12-2019, 09:51 PM