strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Oh. He thought?

No. Wessex shakes her head abruptly, not in a mean way, but because she doesn’t want to give the wrong impression. “I meant about the tumbler. Keeping an eye out for it. I gave it to her, so…” A hint, perhaps, but not much of one. It’s obvious the Wraith cared about Edy, had a good relationship with the fire mage. How good has always been the question.

He is right though, she’s in charge. Even when she tries to play nice with everyone - Wessex is in charge.

And this situation is clearly one in which she needs to lead, because Loren clearly has no clue what it means to be eaten by a landshark. The Queen, folds her arms across her chest and fixes the Launceleyn head with a firm but gentle gaze. “No one could have done anything because no one knew it was going to be the end. Landsharks don’t exactly advertise where they’re going to rise. It was just a wrong place, wrong time thing.” As for the rest of it - well, he might have failed Edy. Who is she to debate his family’s politics with him and decide what the girl did and didn’t need, even posthumously? Hell, Edy herself would probably firmly tell them to fuck off she didn't need anything.

“I can tell you that she stood by me and I stood by her. Not that we needed the support - but it was nice to have a solid vote of confidence.”

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Loren had apparently misunderstood Wessex, though that wasn’t all that surprising, given how little he knew about her. Instead of apologizing for his mistake, he just nodded in acknowledgement. Then, however, the queen spoke about Edy and the summoner listened closely. It wasn’t exactly what he wanted to hear, not quite, but it was good enough. ”Thank you.” He stood expectantly, waiting for Wessex’s dismissal. As much as she might not like the formalities that came with being queen, they still needed to be observed in some cases and Loren of all people needed to show her respect.
LOREN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

“You can’t save everyone, Loren.” Wessex says with a downward glance and a sharp, unnecessary exhale. “I would know. I’ve tried.” And she failed. Miserably. But that is the story of a  life long gone, way before some of the Outlanders were born, before anyone ever dreamed of Portals. Before, before, before.

And the truth of the matter is that they need Loren, so he needs to find a way to either live with whatever guilt he’s making up, or get over it. Pick his battles. In that way, Wessex is probably much more like Zariah than she’d like to admit - she compartmentalizes like crazy. And right now, it’s what’s allowing her to do this job. “I’ll see you soon. Don’t run yourself into the ground.”

And with that, Wessex leaves the Launceleyn Manor - tumbler-less, but somewhat hopeful about LongNight.

{Fiiiiiin unless you want to post again}

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here