the monsters turned out to be just trees

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
With tandem sneers the fae appraised Loren. "No harm? Oh no. You look far too weak to harm more than a leaf. Even so, your kind has brought sickness to our Woods. Death follows where your kind goes regardless of your words, solemn or otherwise." Which of the two spoke was not clear, for their mouths didn't actually seem to move.

The duo shared a glance before their jaws tightened. "We have no need for your tricks or magic. The woods will protect us as it always had. Your monsters will be no match for our trees, should they be stupid enough to pass through."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
hope keeps us breathing, just to kill us in the end
Running a hand through his curls, looking the part of the commoner in this lofty interaction, the alchemist tugged in a breath and held it as he listened to the terse back and forth. Why Loren might have thought this interaction would be facilitated by him would have surprised the alchemist to hear. As it was, though he was allowed into the village it was not because he was liked. Simply because Arduinna had given the say-so.

Still, perhaps he did have something he might add.

"While the Woods are strong, these are not just monsters like any other. We believe they are actually constructs of the Voice. With the barrier down they may well find their way into the woods. Perhaps not to your village no, but I hate to think what they might do to all that surrounds it." The alchemist implored, shattered-stare worried but naively hopeful as well.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Loren didn’t allow the Fae’s words to spook him or make him lose his cool. They had every reason to distrust him, given who he was and what the people of the Hollowed Grounds had done. Waiting patiently for Remi to finish speaking, the Launceleyn paused, considering his options. When he spoke next, some of the formality had left his voice, though he was still polite and courteous. ”I have heard tales of your woods, and like Remi I have no doubt that you are perfectly capable of defending yourself from any threat. Think of this as simply another tool in your arsenal, then, to punish any who’d be foolish enough to stand against your might. At least let me show my magic to any of you who might find it useful, so that they may determine whether or not my gift of knowledge has any worth.” If they could just get past the guards, the summoner was confident he’d be able to talk his way out of this.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

One of the fae snorted, her eyes narrowing at the alchemist. "You think that surprises us? What horrors of the world is the Voice not responsible for? Why do you think she was encased?" They seem entirely unimpressed by Remi's line of thinking.

Turning to Loren, their scrutiny merely doubles down. "Our children are born with magics you couldn't even imagine. Go and peddle your magic show elsewhere. We've no need of you or your magic. "

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"A surprise? Oh no. I meant it only to impart the level of potential sophistication and...well. As you have said, she was locked up for a reason. And many of those reasons might well head towards your woods."

The slight against Loren, characterizing his offering of aid as a magic show made Remi wince ever so slightly, his eyelashes fluttering down softly towards the ground as he held his tongue.
the Firebrand

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Although Remi might’ve been bothered by the slight against Loren, he himself couldn’t care in the slightest. ”As Remi said, The Voice is free now, and there’s nothing any of us can do to contain her or her creatures.” It seemed that the Fae were discounting that fact a little too quickly. ”And I agree my power pales in comparison to yours. So what does it cost you to let me put on my magic show?” Seriously doubting they’d fall for that particular trick, Loren smiled at them. ”Tell you what. Let’s make a deal. If your summoners and sages determine that my magic holds no value to them, I will leave your village and not return until I have received a proper invitation from your kind.” That seemed like a small thing to trade, and seeing how difficult the Fae were acting he had no particular desire to return here unless absolutely necessary. Just because he could ignore insults didn’t mean he enjoyed being insulted.

And Jiao said being rude was a human quality!
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:

"You humans." They sneer, heads shaking in tandem. "You think yourselves so clever, as if arguing will get you anywhere with us. It might not cost us nothing as you seem to suggest, but what of it? We don't want you here. You are not invited. " Indeed, the summoner's attempts at bartering held absolutely no water with the fae guards.

"No. Now leave before we throw you into the pits and sacrifice you to the Tulmhainar."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It was an argument he'd heard from the fae more than once now, and upon hearing it again the alchemist could only sigh with defeat. Not that this conversation hadn't gone more or less as he'd expected it to, but at this point, being thrown into the pit was not really what he wanted. He did know that the tulmhainar was nothing to fear, but that didn't mean he wanted to linger longer than was necessarily.

If Loren continued to try and persuade, he'd remain silent. If not, he'd ask the Fae to hasten their journey home by asking the Woods to show them the fastest way.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Negotiations had failed. Good thing Loren wasn’t too proud to beg.

”Please.” It came out in a desperate whisper. Gesturing at Astra, the summoner tried to make the Fae understand. ”This is a luxere. Her wild cousins are larger and the glow from their antlers can banish the monsters.” Upon hearing her name, the luxere’s ears flicked forward. Then the Launceleyn called upon his magic, and the Spark Bird appeared in the sky above his head. It showered sparks that stung and burned his skin, but he didn’t care. ”This is the Spark Bird. You don’t need to trust me, or believe me, or care. Just remember what they look like, what they can do. And if worst comes to worst, tell your people.” With that he dismissed the bird, and turned to walk away.

He refused to let this trip be a total failure.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:

For a moment, they sneered. "Who are you to tell us what a luxere is? You, who still stink of other worlds?" It was the same story. The outlanders and grounders constantly treating each other and the fae like some lesser race to be educated and argued with at all times. It never occurred to them once that the fae required absolutely nothing. That they were the older and far more superior race.

So the guards might simply have left Loren with a mocking smirk had he not ignored their commands. With dual screams that sounded like lightning and windows striking panes of glass, vines shot out from the hands of one of the fae while the other transformed into a massive grizzly bear. Lumbering towards the summoner, the one fae would try and bind him while the bear grappled his arms against his sides.

In a gutteral language the guard called out and suddenly several more appeared. "Throw him in the pit."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
For a moment it was all alright, it was fine, and then suddenly vines and furred arms were encircling Loren and the alchemist could only watch with a wide and concerned gaze. Were another man in his body he might well have challenged the two guards and the others that appeared. He was a beast of mythic proportions after all, and as he'd been reminded on more than a few occasions, the strongest mage in all the Hollowed Grounds. Instead though, he merely gulped unsteadily, holding a hand out to try and corral Astra away from the summoner, given that she'd likely try and force her way after him.

For...how long? Remi asked the guards, trying to be as respectful as possible and in so doing didn't use words that the summoner would be able to hear. May I accompany you where you take him?
the Firebrand

Change author:
As the vines and the bear grabbed at him, Loren had to force himself to throttle down his initial, violent response. Only the knowledge that fighting would make everything worse, likely get him killed, and potentially lead to war prevented him from doing something rash. Instead, he went completely still in his captors arms. Astra, however freaked out and he could only hope Remi could take care of the luxere. Without moving a muscle other than the Launceleyn’s mouth, he spoke. ”Take care of Astra. And please tell Beatrix and Jace I’m sorry I have to go away again.” The summoner was probably risking it all by speaking, but he had to say something to the alchemist before Loren swallowed the sudden lump of fear and regret in his throat and allowed himself to be led away without further struggle.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:

You may stay. If you help him escape, you will find yourself banned from the village and in the pit as well. The bear replied with a silent snarl to punctuate the seriousness of this warning.

And so Loren was dragged towards the pit. He could walk within the bear's grasp if he chose and if not? Well the grizzly was more than capable of maneuvering the frail man within its grasp.

The pit was an enormous hole in the earth, especially given how diminutive the fae were as a race. Nearly 30ft down, Loren would find the open-section free of any sort of adornment, save for carvings and relief-art lining the walls. At the bottom however were openings around the circumference which would lead to crude sleeping areas with comfortable-enough beds, and even a small kitchenette area.

As they approached the top of the pit the grizzly released the Launceleyn, roughly shoving him forward. As soon as his feet left the ground he'd find himself caught by powerful telekinesis magic which would lower him safely down into the ground.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Feathering his jaw so as to keep from arguing, the alchemist wrapped his arms around Astra's neck, whispering soothing nonsensical words into her ears as his fingers softly roamed across her fur. Nodding both to Loren's instructions and also the bear, the alchemist followed in the wake of the guards and their prisoner, frowning deeply at the procession before him. He was torn between a desire to remain with Loren and see him out of this, to return to Aoife and his constantly-crumbling life, and to relay the Launceleyn's message to Jace and Beatrix (and presumably Peter then as well).

I am sorry for this. He...was not around when the barrier fell. Does not know what has transpired between us and the fae. Remi thought silently outwards, hoping not to justify Loren's actions, but only to explain them.