the monsters turned out to be just trees
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Well now this was just getting ridiculous. Loren couldn't help the exasperated sound that came from his lips as Remi retreated again. ”Seriously? First of all, I can apparently heal hypothermia, so I’m not in any danger of dying out here. Besides, even if I was, you’d probably pick me up and carry me somewhere warm. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wet and cold for an extended period of time, so I can handle it.” All of that was hard to imagine (well, except the last bit), but it was definitely true.

However, that wasn’t really the most important thing right now. Loren forced his tone to gentle as much as he could. ”You’re right, you know how I am. But what you don’t know is what I want to be.” The summoner hated the pleading tone that crept into his voice, but the last thing he wanted was for the alchemist to close himself off again because the Launceleyn was being his usual idiotic self. ”You think I like flinching at loud noises, and not being able to accept casual touches, and seeing threats in every shadow?” Surely the other man could not be that dense. Maybe Remi needed to hear it out loud though.

”I don’t. But...I don’t know how to get better on my own. I think we can agree on that much. So, yes, I will overreact, and I will do things you don’t like, and I will make many, many mistakes along the way. I’m still trying to be open and honest, though, despite all that. So can you...can you be patient with me? And can you be open and honest with me as well?” These were all sentiments that Loren had been carrying around for a long, long time. The Greatwood in the middle of Deepfrost, when the alchemist was mad at the summoner and the other man was understandably stressed and worried about his husband and the world, was probably the worst place and time to express them. But they were out in the open now, and Loren felt better for having said all that.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: the monsters turned out to be just trees - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 07:14 PM