the monsters turned out to be just trees
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Whatever Loren had been expecting Remi to say in response to the Launceleyn’s declaration that his loneliness was solely his fault, was, well, definitely not what the summoner got. His jaw dropped when the alchemist explained that Edy told everyone that Loren had run off with someone. ”What? No. Of course not. I would’ve…” He hesitated, because he had been about to say that if he was going to run away with anyone it would have been with the alchemist, and the Launceleyn knew how poorly that would have gone over. ”I...I was alone. Why… why would she say that?” Completely, totally, absolutely on his own, left with nothing but dark thoughts and cold and lonely nights. He still was, in many ways, though he guessed it didn’t matter what Edy had or had not done. She was dead, and he’d failed her and everyone else.

So much for pit breakthroughs.

However, if he’d thought that was bad, well, he was swiftly forced to reevaluate his definition of what bad was at the other man’s next statement. Loren’s jaw dropped again and he looked even more flabbergasted than before. ”A sex cave?! She said that? Seriously? No, I wasn’t in a fucking sex cave.” Perhaps the curse was ill-placed but he couldn’t stop himself. This was completely and totally ridiculous.

Then, however, the full implication of what Remi was saying sank in and Loren looked at the other man with dawning horror. ”Wait. Did you...did you think…” The Launceleyn couldn’t finish the thought: ‘Did you think I ran off with someone else this whole time?’

No wonder everyone hated Loren. He would, if he’d thought that’s what happened. What he’d done. It would’ve been completely callous and heartless of him. But he absolutely couldn’t believe the people who’d known him would believe such a preposterous rumor.

Unless they’d never really known or cared about him at all.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: the monsters turned out to be just trees - by Loren - 09-12-2019, 02:08 AM