I’m Where I’m Meant to Go
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

He gazed at the ring on her finger, a content sort of smile worn, as he brought his eyes up to meet hers. There was a moment of silence that seemed to stretch on and on forever, but there wasn’t the slightest hint of anxiety or nerves trembling in him.

It almost was amusing to him, watching her process exactly what had just been asked of her. He knew her well...better than well, even without the rings that bound two souls as one. He didn’t need the rings to see the disbelief and near confusion that her ever expressive face gave away.

Even as she looked away from him to the ring he created, his eyes remained on her. He watched every slight change in her face, memorized the moment that he was genuinely able to surprise her in such a way. It wasn’t often that they caught each other by surprise, both having been trained to avoid exactly that, but the times where they did, it was usually in the form of a childish prank or a spur of the moment training session. Rarely was it the kind of surprise where he was able to stop her in her tracks like she seemed to be now.

It was true that they were never supposed to have a future, that they should have lived and died in the darkness of the Guild. When they were trapped within the walls of the Keep, they managed to find hope and love in each other. When they got out, though times were dark for too long, they were now sitting under the stars together with their daughter sleeping in the house below.

He flashed a crooked smile at her wide-eyed acceptance, his fingers burying into her hair, as he met her lips with a deep, slow passion. He was having trouble finding anything actually wrong with the world at the moment.

His thumb rasped gently over her jaw, as he finally parted from her. Kalt remained close to her, his brow lightly touching hers. “I love you,” he whispered down the bond. He pulled back enough to find her eyes, moving her hair behind her pointed ear.

“Savor what I’m about to say because you’ll never hear it again…” He took a deep breath and nodded. “You’re right.” Flashing her a grin, Kalt moved to take her hand and press a kiss to it. “It’s fucking cold. Come on. There’s a fire, and if Theea didn’t sneak them, a few pastries left from the morning.” Not to mention he was pretty much done as soon as he felt his fingers numbing.

If she had asked it of him, they wouldn’t have moved from the rooftop all night. However, she turned into an icicle when a breeze went by, so he had a hunch the fire would be a welcomed thought.

In a strange way, this changed nothing. They had known each other since childhood. They had shared in pain, joy, sorrow, stress… They conquered some of the darkest depths of existence and come out together. It was the next step, but it was almost expected, wasn’t it? Two people love each other, they get married. They had given each other their souls, bared everything to each other. The only thing that will change in this event...technically…is her name. That in itself instilled a certain unexpected pride in him.

{Image: YrMrDCL.jpg}

Messages In This Thread
I’m Where I’m Meant to Go - by Kalt - 09-06-2019, 03:22 AM
RE: I’m Where I’m Meant to Go - by Ashetta - 09-06-2019, 04:39 AM
RE: I’m Where I’m Meant to Go - by Kalt - 09-06-2019, 05:35 AM
RE: I’m Where I’m Meant to Go - by Ashetta - 09-06-2019, 06:09 AM
RE: I’m Where I’m Meant to Go - by Kalt - 09-07-2019, 04:22 AM
RE: I’m Where I’m Meant to Go - by Ashetta - 09-07-2019, 09:01 PM
RE: I’m Where I’m Meant to Go - by Kalt - 09-08-2019, 12:35 AM
RE: I’m Where I’m Meant to Go - by Ashetta - 09-09-2019, 06:16 PM